Makeup Artist | PJM

•••

                               •••

I rush backstage and spread out all the makeup needed for the concept of the concert today. I have been hired as a make-up artist for one of the biggest boy bands in the world, BTS. I am assigned as an artist to Jimin.

As soon as I get ready with all the brushes, the boys come in after their performance of 'Mic drop'. They go to their designated make-up artists.

"Hello Y/N" Jimin greets with a friendly smile. I smile and greet him back. I have been working with them for five months and in that short period, I and Jimin became close. It is the kind of friendship where we tease each other a lot. One of the best.

He sat down and I started doing his makeup.

"You are nervous right?" he asked, reading my body language. Oh, I totally forgot to mention to you that he can read my face like an open magazine.

"what? me nervous? No" I said.

"You are"

My mouth dropped open and he just chuckled. I let out a sigh, applying the makeup only where it is required.

"So what if I am?" I asked him nervously.

"It's okay, you are fine, you have nothing to worry about," he said. We all have to admit that he is good at comforting.

"Thank you" I smiled and continued doing the makeup. Their next song was a black swan, so the makeup has to be dark yet glamorous. When I got around his lips I made sure not to get foundation on his lips. Before I got hired, I noticed that his top lip was partially covered with foundation. I smirked as I know now that his makeup is in my hands. I think his lips are beautiful and they should be displayed as they are.

After I finished it, I leaned back and admired my work on his face.

"Don't get too cocky now" Jimin said laughing.

"What? I can't admire my work?" I said getting the lip tint to apply on his lips.

"But it's not even don't yet," he said.

"It's still amazing" I flipped my hair and leaned down and began to apply the tint on his lips. In these five months of work, I had never gotten used to this. I still get flustered while doing this. Though he is my good friend, I can't deny how handsome he is. I feel very different around him and it's difficult to push them away while working but I manage it somehow. I pulled away after applying.

"I think I need a little more," he said smacking his lips to spread it out. I nodded and leaned down to apply again but this time, his eyes stayed glued to my face.

Warmth crept up to my face and my cheeks became red. He noticed and the corners of his mouth twitched.

"What do you think?" he whispered in my ear. My eyes widened and I pulled back.

"Excuse me" I ran to the washroom without waiting for a reply. My hand went up to my heart which was beating so fast from the interaction.

After I calmed down, I went back to him.

"I thought you abandoned me" he joked.

"I should have" I shot back at him. He giggled.

"You know I tease you only. because I love you right?"

"I know" I grinned.

"You do?"

"Yeah, that's our thing. We tease each other because we are friends and we love each other."

"Right" he chuckled lightly, his smile falling rather quickly after that.

I borrowed my brows and was about to ask him if there was a problem when his hairstylist came and started her work. I walked away and sat down on the chair thinking if I had said something which might have made him like that. I decided not to put so much thought into it and waited.

The members came in after the next performance and I ran to Jimin and started applying foundation in the places where it might have worn off. And just like that, the show was over.

The boys were in the dressing room, goofing around, chugging down three bottles at once because of how exhausted they were. I was packing my makeup sets and cleaning the vanity when I heard a voice behind me.

"hey" 

I turned around and found Jimin and smiled.

"Hey Jimin"

"Listen, I need to tell you something"

I faced him fully and I nodded my head.

"Let's go somewhere less crowded" he pulled me out down the secluded hallway.

"What is so important that you had to drag me all the way here?" I crossed my arms over my chest and teased him. He chewed his bottom lip.

"Hey, if it's so important you don't need-"

"I need to let it out"

I leaned on the wall, waiting for him to continue.

"I never lose focus on anything, especially during concerts but today I couldn't, because of thinking about you"

"Me?"

"Yeah, it's about the thing you said us about us being friends," he said. So I did say something that made him like that.

"Yeah, we're friends-"

"No I mean—I want us to be more"

"Are you..."

"Confessing? Yes. I understand if you say no and that you don't like me and all. I am prepared for it."

"Yes"

"I understa- wait, what?"

"I like you too" I grinned. His face broke into a big smile and he hugged me tightly. We pulled back and glanced at each other's lips.

We leaned forward, his arms resting on the wall at either side of my head as his lips pressed onto mine. My arms wrapped themselves around his slim waist as he moved his body closer to mine. A hum of satisfaction vibrated from his chest as he tilted his head deepening the kiss.

"We shouldn't stay for too long," I said, coming to my senses.

"Just a little longer" Jimin whispered breathlessly.

After thinking it over for a few seconds, I spoke up.

"I suppose a few minutes wouldn't hurt"

              ________________________