16 . Memories of the past

As the sun raised The Stone Shinobi lowered their weapons & returned back. Miwa, Kakashi , Itachi & other leaf Shinobi stayed until the mess is cleared. The Kazekage & his team stayed near their border line.

"Ig we should go back to the village? The issue is solved now" Anko asked the others. " You guys go ahead I have to meet up with the border security. It's my mission so you guys go on ahead. " Miwa said as Itachi looked at her.

"Should I come with you sis... I was ordered to follow you anyway. " Itachi said as Miwa shook her head as a no. "There's no need for that Itachi. It's only few minutes from here. I can manage " Miwa replied back.

Kakashi just stared at her silently. Anko looked at them & smiled internally. "Well then... See ya! " Miwa said & smiled a bit & took off for her next destination.

That smile of hers is completely fake...
What's wrong with her suddenly?

Kakashi thought while going back to the hidden leaf.

-

A sigh left from Miwa as she walked out from the Hokaze's office. "You okay? " Kakashi asked her, his eyes filled with concerned. Itachi looked her worried. Her lips lifted up seeing the two men all worried. She shook her head.

"I'm fine... It's just I don't like today... " She said looking down while the other two exchanged glances.

Something is definitely not right !

Kakashi thought. " Yk what go home & get some rest. I'll be there soon " He said while Miwa just nodded & left without saying anything.

"That's not how she usually behave...Isn't it Sir? " Itachi asked Kakashi who was busy in his own thoughts. He sighed & looked at him. "Don't worry about your sis... I'll take care of it ok? "He asked the younger one making him smile a bit & nod.

-

Kakashi walked into the house after closing the door behind him. The lights are off making him wonder where Miwa is..? He walked inside the house.

There he spotted her. Sitting near the garden area again. Looking at the evening sky where the stars are showing up slowly as the night was about to begin. "You here? " Miwa said slowly while still looking at the sky, gazing up the beautiful stars.

He hummed in response. He sat beside her & looked at her. "Is there something wrong? Miwa... " He asked. He wanted to know to know what's wrong? Why is she suddenly behaving different? What's bothering her? He wanted to know! He wanted to know everything!!

She sighed softly. "Yk I tried... I always try to move on & forget about everything... But i just can't. Idk why the past keeps coming back to me...." She said looking down to her thighs.

Kakashi just listened to her. " I was a very quite person since the beginning... I never really opened up to anyone not even to my parents..."she chuckled a bit.

"I wish I could tell them...about everything... About how much I care for them, about how much I think of them all the time & most of all...a-about how much I love them.... I couldn't tell them anything... " She spoke still looking down while tears started to form in her eyes.

Kakashi didn't waste anytime & took her hands in his. "It's tomorrow isn't it? " He asked as she whispered a yes slowly.

" Ik it hurts, it hurts so bad ,but the pain you're keeping in your heart won't do any good. Please Miwa...let it go . I've lost everything I once had & that pain made me cold. But I don't want you to turn like me... You're a kind person Miwa, you always try to help others even at your worst. Please don't let that darkness consume you. Please talk to me if you're feeling bad about it. Share it with me Miwa... Remember I'm always here for you."

Kakashi said wiping off her tears. He could see the sadness in her eyes. The pain she held in her heart. It's understandable, because the things Miwa faced in her life are unimaginable. He knows for Miwa, it's like she's standing in the center of a graveyard.

A graveyard of her very own family... The Royal Family of  the Zenin...

She took a deep breath & said " After Min's death... I was devastated... At some point I actually thought to end myself, because the pain was too much for me to handle. But thanks to you guys... I didn't do any of those... And most of all I'm thankful to you Kakashi. "She completed & looked into his eyes.

" They say you're cold blooded, that you never show mercy on anyone. But ik it's not true, you always care about the people around you... And thank you for taking care of me & letting me stay here. "She said gripping his hand tightly.

He shook his head making her confuse. " I should be the one thanking you Miwa... I never really care about what others think or say about me. But you did bring some changes. And if I be more honest with you, when your here it feels like home... " He completely as a smile decorated Miwa's face.

"Now that's a big complement.... " She said still not breaking the eye contact. "It's true... You always go on long missions but when your at home, it makes me happy. " He said with a small smile as Miwa smiled as well.

"If that's the case... From now on I plan to stay here longer... Kakashi. "
.
.
.
.
Idk what I wrote... :( but share your views on this & do vote ! Please 🥲 I'm broke.