Comparing her age to his

The next day, prince Alexander and his right hand man Julius, stood at one of the balconies in the palace high up, they faced the gardens and fields, Alexander held a glass of wine in his hand and only siped from it few times

His hair was properly combed, almost giving him a side parting, he wore a trouser and a shirt with a royal robe on it  "You will be crowned king in two weeks time, how do you feel about that?" Julius asked trying to start a conversation. Alexander starred at him shortly before looking away and then took a sip from his drink "How am I supposed to feel?"  he asked, obviously uninterested in the topic.

"You know, your father died a month ago, you no longer have any family except of course, distant relations, and now you'll be king, you know..." Julius tried to spike up Alexander's interest but Alexander's expression did not change.

    All of a sudden, Alexander's mood shifted from the dull one immediately, it seemed like he had found something he was interested in " If I have a speech, I'll say it on that day, so wait" Alexander said ending the topic as he leaned on the railing looking towards the garden, he stretched his drink glass towards Julius and Julius took it " Hey Julius, come over here"

Julius wondering what was so eye catching in the garden that got Alexander's attention this much, moved closer " Yes your highness" he replied " You see that girl?" Alexander asked, referring to Rebecca who was holding a watering can in her hand, twirling around and dancing with it as she watered the flowers.

She seemed to be singing as well but Alexander and Julius couldn't hear her from the distance, she was still wearing the same dress from the previous day and her hair still scattered.

"Your highness, are you talking about the maiden who seems to be enjoying her job way more than she's supposed to?" Julius asked wondering why Alexander would be asking about a maid and Alexander laughed softly still focused on Rebecca, he nodded to Julius's question, not realizing how much he was smiling as he watched her.

   Julius cleared his throat trying to get Alexander's attention but received a death stare in return "Sorry" he muttered and Alexander turned back to watch Rebecca " She looks very smallish, how old do you think she is?" Alexander asked, he really wanted to know 

"Uhm ahh.." Julius stammered before taking a closer look at her "She looks eighteen or ninteen, her playfulness would make me think she's sixteen but... the palace doesn't employ age below eighteen, so I think she'll be about eighteen or ninteen your majesty" Julius said.

   Alexander nodded "eighteen, nineteen" he whispered to himself "Why is she so young?" He whispered to himself but Julius heard him "Are you comparing her age to yours, your majesty?" Julius asked looking confused and surprised. Alexander did not reply "18,19" he kept muttering "Uhm, your highness, are you..." he didn't finish before Alexander threw him a glare and he kept quiet.

Alexander kept staring at her and he saw that she stopped all of a sudden like her leg hurt, she dropped the watering can and bent down in pain. Alexander stood straight at alert, as if he was about to fly down to meet her and it left Julius even more dumbfounded " Calm down your highness" Julius found himself saying as he placed his hand on Alexander's shoulder "Should I check up on her?" Julius asked noticing the worried look on Alexander's face.

Alexander looked at Julius before realizing himself, only then did he notice his tensed shoulders and he dropped them "Why do I care? she's a maid, she'll sort herself out"  he said and walked away still with a frown. Julius stood confused, he looked at Rebecca again and saw she was already walking towards the building even though she lept.

' Alexander cares for her, why then is he denying it?' Julius thought to himself then walked into the palace as he went in search of Alexander

........
Julius found Alexander in his Library " Your majesty" he called as he walked to him. " The girl earlier, she's okay" Julius said hoping to relief his friend and king to be, because he knew he was worried about her even though he wouldn't admit.

Alexander glanced at him before looking back at the floor while still sitting. "I didn't ask you to check on her" Alexander said nonchalantly "I didn't, I saw her get up by herself, but she's leaping though" Julius said and deliberately stressed on her leaping to see if his suspicion was right about Alexander's feelings for the girl. Immediately Julius said it, Alexander raised his head to look at Julius "And you said she was fine?" he asked, his frown deepening

"Well, she's just a maid, don't forget, a maid not dying means a maid is okay" Julius said trying to get Alexander's reaction but Alexander nodded "You're right" Alexander muttered "I'm hungry, inform them to get me snacks" he said then walked away leaving Julius.

    Julius stood not knowing what to think, perhaps him thinking Alexander had an interest for the girl was just his imagination? 'Alexander must just have noticed that the girl was playing which was not normal to be seen of a maid and he just found it interesting' Julius thought to himself.

_____________________________
Hey.

Vote and comment. thanks alot