Her first kiss

Rebecca slowly turned around and immediately regretted it because Alexander moved closer that instant making her back collide with the railing. She raised her face to look up at him and he was looking down at her, once again Rebecca felt he could see through her soul, she bowed her head again.

Now that! that was what Alexander did not like "Look at me" he ordered making Rebecca crane her head to look at him again even though her legs shook, frightened was an understatement compared to what Rebecca felt. Alexander's eyes went soft seeing the fear in her eyes.

"Are you scared?" he asked. Rebecca was about to speak but then nothing came out, she parted her lips and closed them back.

Alexander's eyes caught that, now that, that lip opening and closing stirred something in Alexander. Well..   Rebecca did notice the change in the way he looked at her, though she couldn't understand what it meant, she knew she had to speak to distract herself and maybe him too

" Uhm Welcome back your majesty" Rebecca said finally finding her voice, she bowed her head again. Her voice sounded out of tune, it shook but was too loud for the very much quiet moment they've been sharing. " How.. how. did your ...outing go?" Rebecca added hoping he'll speak , and yes he spoke but nothing she expected at all

" I missed you" Alexander said not taking his eyes off Rebecca, his stare intense. " I'll.... I'll... get..you..... I'll...go prepare your bath" Rebecca struggled to say and was about to leave but Alexander didn't move his hands from the railing, so she was still trapped there between his arms. She soon realized it wouldn't be easy to leave, she looked at him " Your..... your highness" she muttered pleading with her eyes.

Alexander then wrapped his left hand around her waist and pulled her to himself while he starred at her. Rebecca softly placed her hands on his chest, her eyes fixed on his chest, her heart beating rapidly, ' Why was he holding her like this ' she thought

Alexander held her chin up making her look into his eyes " You're beautiful. Becca" he said

' Why is he complimenting me and holding me, I'm a maid right? God ' Rebecca thought starring back at him.

Alexander lowered his face towards Rebecca, his eyes on her lips, their faces were now just inches apart, he paused for a while waiting for any resistance from Rebecca but there was none. Rebecca's lips parted on their own accord and there, Alexander went for it.

His lips came in contact with hers and Rebecca's eyes closed on their own, she welcomed the new feeling. Alexander kissed her, so much emotion graced every movement of his lip against hers, he held her closer and closer to himself if it was possible.

It only just clicked in Rebecca's head ' HER FIRST KISS ' and just like that, she pulled away immediately. Alexander felt disappointed and .... annoyed? Did she not like it? he thought

Rebecca immediately found her way out of there, and Alexander stood alone in the night, only now did he feel the breeze. He kissed her, she pushed him away, did she like someone else, wasn't she supposed to be happy that he, the king kissed her? his heart ached, especially at the thought that she might be attracted to someone else.

........   .......   ....

Rebecca entered a bathroom in the maid's quarters, she starred at herself in the mirror, she touched her lips ' He kissed me' she thought. Her cheeks were flushed. She liked him, but she was confused ' Does he like me?' Rebecca wondered, she doubted.

There were alot of pretty maidens in the castle, besides he could have any woman he wanted, so why her? he probably just wanted to use her, her sight soon became blurry as tears covered her eyes.

She had lost her first kiss to king Alexander and it wasn't because he liked her, what was she thinking when she let him kiss her?.

.....    ..............🌞

Rebecca headed to Alexander's room the next morning, she knocked. It was very early compared to the times she's come here before.

There was no answer. She opened the door and stepped in, she saw Alexander sitted on the bed, his legs on the ground, his elbows resting on his knees while his palms were on his forehead holding his head up. He looked..... stressed?

Rebecca wasn't very happy with him anyway " Your majesty"  she greeted bowing her head while her two hands held each other in front of her " Becca" he called raising his head to look at her, his voice sounded like he was pleading but Rebecca ignored, acting like she didn't hear how he sounded.

" Good morning, I hope you slept well?" she asked and it came again " Becca" he called, his voice sounded heartbroken, hurt maybe. It annoyed Rebecca, she felt she should be the one hurt and not him, she ignored anyway.

" I'll quickly prepare your bath, your highness" she said bowing slightly before turning towards the bathroom and walking towards it, but she didn't even get half way. Alexander had  stopped her by holding her arm. Rebecca stood trying to contain her anger, she turned to look at him and bowed her head.

" May I help you with anything your majesty?" Rebecca  asked. The way she kept acting hurt him, he knew she was just pretending to be okay

" Do you resent me. Becca?" Alexander asked hoping she'd say no. " I don't understand, your majesty" Rebecca lied.

Alexander had had enough of her attitude, he pulled her to the bed and made her sit on it, he placed his hands on the bed by her sides as he stood but bending over, he starred into her eyes.

"Rebecca" he said, calling her full name for the first time, his eyes getting serious  " Do you hate me for kissing you?" he asked. Rebecca didn't know what to say.

Before now.....she was angry, hated him a little, but now that he asked her, where had all her anger and hatred gone to.
   She just starred back at him. She made an attempt to get up but stopped realizing that trying to get up will end her up in his arms, she blinked and sat back " I....I... don't" Rebecca muttered bowing her head again to avoid his gaze .

"Look at me. Becca" Alexander's voice had become calm again, his eyes had also gone soft. " Your majesty, I should go....." she tried speaking but was interrupted " Alexander" he corrected, " I demand you call me Alexander" he said firmly.
Rebecca gripped the sheets in hand
.....

______________________________
How was it y'all?
Both Rebecca and Alexander had shared their first kiss in this novel, tell me what y'all think.
About the kiss, about Rebecca's attitude, Alexander's reaction, everything, tell me what you think.

Thanks again for reading
Next chapter coming soon.
please, VOTE & COMMENT
Thank you sooooooo much.