Marry me

He felt the urge to glare at the lady who dared touch him but he held it back, he didn't want to take his eyes away from the door, he wanted to be the first to see Rebecca if she happened to step in.

The women didn't leave even after noticing Alexander's disinterest in them, they kept trying to start up a conversation, even trying to show him their thighs through the slits of their dresses but not once did Alexander move his eyes from the door and just then, what he had been waiting for, Rebecca.
*Sigh*

Rebecca took her first step into the Hall and stood, Alexander did not hesitate for a second, he handed his drink over to one of the females and walked away leaving them, they turned around watching him as he left disappointedly, Alexander had started walking down the stairs. Only then did people start noticing Rebecca

Everyone was turning around to look at her, stunned by her dress and beauty.
Finally Alexander got down and walked through the crowd as they gave way for him to walk through.
      Rebecca's eyes met his, her heart raced, he looked different, his hair permed backwards, he was dressed like a prince from fantasy movies.

Everyone watched as Alexander finally got to Rebecca, he smiled at her, his eyes roaming her entire figure, he loved how the dress suited her, she looked beautiful, and he wanted to have all of her beauty.

Alexander stretched out his hand asking for her's, She starred at his hand then his face, she looked at the crowd, all eyes were on them, she swallowed down her own saliva before placing her hand in Alexander's large one. Alexander gave her an encouraging smile, but she didn't return it. He led her to the dance floor, everyone giving way for them.

The crowd murmured, most of them recognized her as the Same girl king Alexander had danced with on his coronation day, some didn't but guessed it anyway.
     Immediately Alexander and Rebecca stepped into the dance floor everyone gave way, " Becca" Alexander finally spoke making her look up at him " Turn around" he whispered , she slowly turned making her back face him. Alexander brought out a silver necklace and moved closer to her, he put the necklace around her neck , allowing his fingers to brush against her skin, making Rebecca shivered within " You're beautiful" Alexander whispered close to her ear.

Alexander finally made her face him again after wearing her the necklace, she reached to hold the necklace looking down at it " Do you like it?" He asked making her look at his face, she nodded, "Yes" Rebecca finally spoke.

Alexander took her hand again, and placed it on chest then took her right hand in his while holding her waist with his left hand, pulling her closer to him. The music began suddenly, soft and calm, Alexander swayed side by side with Rebecca, he held her very close, he made her twirl from time to time and took her back in his arms

" I love you, Becca" he said huskily still dancing. Rebecca who kept her eyes on his chest all this while raised her face . She remembered he had said that before. " I love you so much and I can't help it" he added " I need you in my life Becca, I need you to always be by my side" He sounded desperate, and it made Rebecca's heart thump.

She wasn't scared, just happy, she could see how sincere he looked, she never in her life thought the king would fall in love with her " Be my queen, Becca" he said watching her " Please" he added. Rebecca stopped dancing making him stop as well.
      Everyone seemed to pay extra attention seeing they stopped dancing, probably wanting to see what happens next. There was sudden silence, the music stopped too.

Alexander and Rebecca starred at each other. Rebecca looked around the crowd before settling her eyes on Alexander again. she liked him, what was she thinking? but was she ready to carry the responsibilities of being a queen? " Marry me, Becca" Alexander said about dropping to one of his knees but Rebecca stopped him mid way making him stand straight again.

Everyone had heard what he said, anyone who didn't would figure it out anyway. Rebecca starred into his eyes " I'm.. a...Mai..." she tried to remind him but he stopped her placing a finger on her lips " I love you" he said. God! how many times had he said that?

" I might not be the kind of man you dreamt of, but I'm willing to try to be him, please Becca, marry me, be my queen" Alexander said. Rebecca's heart ached at his words, he really had no idea how much she wanted him did he? She had been her saddest for days when he decided to avoid her.

Rebecca started with a nod, her eyes teary, she nodded again " Yes, your majest..." she was saying but he interrupted, " Alex, call me Alexander" he whispered and a wide smile spread through Rebecca's lips. " Yes, Alex, I'll marry you" She said. Alexander couldn't control his smile, he pulled her into his arms hugging her tightly.

Rounds of applauds spread throughout the once quiet hall. He slowly withdrew from the hug starring down at her , he leaned closer and pecked her on the lip before going in for another kiss, he kissed her passionately and this time she returned the kiss.

He could finally kiss her with no worries, she was his, he held her even closer if that was possible...

____________________________
I'm here smiling like a lunatic. lol

I hope it was worth the wait for those who waited
Thank you so much ❤️❤️ and thanks to everyone else.