The punishment

The workers outside the door were all confused ' Why was he so calm all of a sudden?' they thought to themselves. Julius on the other hand was not as confused, he had realized his master had developed interest for the small maiden, he looked at all of them

" You all, go back to your duties" Julius instructed, they all wanted to watch what would happen " If his majesty finds out you were all eavesdropping on him, you'll all find yourselves in the dungeon, now go" he ordered and they all hurried away, he also left.

Rebecca still stood with both her hands holding each other in front of her, she looked to the door and saw they had left her alone here ' They are so wicked, they couldn't even wait for me ' she thought.

Alexander picked one of the red berries from the plate and put it in his mouth as he looked at her  " Are you hungry?" he asked chewing on the berry and Rebecca shook her head immediately. Alexander nodded not taking his eyes away from her, he kept picking them one after the other eating still watching her.

Rebecca was getting tired of standing, she curled her toes while starring at the floor " Your highness" she said even though her voice shook " Yes?" he replied still watching her while he ate slowly. "May I leave?, I'll come back later to take these once you're done" she said stammering and he hit his hand on the table angrily.

Rebecca shook frightened by his sudden action, but still kept her head low. " You stay here, until I'm done" Alexander commanded, he hated the fact that she was always trying to run away. He continued eating, he knew she had gotten tired but he wanted to punish her, that was her punishment for his sleepless nights for two days.

Alexander stopped eating for a while, picked a book and started reading it while Rebecca stood there, thirty minutes past and Alexander had still not finished eating, after the time had completed an hour, Alexander looked at her, she was waving slightly "You can leave now" he said

Rebecca who tears had been slowly running down her cheeks tried moving but she fell down, her feet were screaming for help. " I'm sorry your majesty" she said quickly and stood up, carried the tray and quickly hurried away with it, every step she took, she cried.
..............

Immediately Rebecca entered the kitchen, all the maids hurried to her, including Mrs Gloria, one of the maids took the tray from Rebecca and Rebecca finally let herself fall to the floor, she grabbed her feet with her hands, holding them in pain.
   Mrs Gloria and some of the maidens squatted by her " Are you okay?" Mrs Gloria asked not really worried but just curious to know what happened.

Rebecca started crying making all of them confused, they saw that the prince had not yelled at her, so why was she crying "He.. he.." Rebecca cried " He made me stand through out, for an hour now" she cried out loud.

Some of the maids almost laughed but they held it in " Oh... we were all surprised that he didn't punish you, not knowing he had a punishment anyway" Benita said and laughed softly. Mrs Gloria wanted to laugh but she held herself " Dear... you're brave, you should be proud of yourself that you did what no one else could do" Mrs Gloria said patting Rebecca's shoulder " Alright then, go rest for the rest of the day, okay?" Mrs Gloria added. Lilly helped Rebecca up and supported her to walk out of the kitchen.
.............

Although Alexander was the one who punished her, he was worried, he realized he wasn't thinking properly, it actually wasn't her fault, but his. How was she supposed to know that he wanted to see her, now he had punished the innocent small looking Rebecca, he had to make sure she was okay.

Rebecca was in the maids quarters, she laid down on her bed, under her feet were red and she still felt the pain in them. 'He's so wicked ' she thought while she sobbed silently, it was evening already 'What did I do to deserve this?'. Then there was a knock on the door.

Rebecca got up hurriedly and stood, immediately her feet touched the ground, she winced in pain. she started hopping and Benita came in " Your legs still hurt?" Benita asked and Rebecca nodded. " Ahm... that's bad, cause the prince demands your presence" Benita said and Rebecca looked at her immediately

   " Yes, he asked for you in particular, he's in his room, I'll advise you hurry up, you don't want to keep him waiting" Benita said before leaving.

Rebecca wanted to stump the ground angrily but remembered the condition of her feet. she walked out of her room slowly leaping, she got to the Prince's room door and knocked, his manly voice came " come in" he said.

Rebecca waited for a while before opening the door. she stepped in trying not to leap or hop, so he wouldn't know her feet hurts, she closed the door behind her and saw him standing.

_________________________________

don't forget to vote and comment.

thanks for the support.