Rebecca's family

AUTHORS NOTE: I am very sorry for disappearing for so long, things have been real tough, I don't know how often I'll upload from now on but I will try. Thanks for sticking around, please VOTE and COMMENT.

....................

After a while of awkward silence, Alexander spoke. " You don't need to thank me,I like it when you're happy" he said with a smile and just as he expected, Rebecca looked at him a bit surprised. Again they both fell silent.

It was a long ride, until they finally got to the first village and before they finally reached Rebecca's village. The carriage stopped and the door opened, Alexander stepped out and gave Rebecca his hand, she took his hand as she came out. Wait, wasn't she a maid? why was he treating her like... his lady.

There were villagers around and they all bowed, Alexander waved at them and started walking with Rebecca by his side, some of the people recognized Rebecca because she was from the village, however they questioned themselves who she was to Alexander for him to come here with her.

Both Rebecca and Alexander walked around the village, everyone they came across bowed. Rebecca felt a bit uncomfortable with people bowing to her, although she knew it was Alexander they bowed to, she was with him so she still wasn't comfortable with it.
    Unknown to her, Alexander had noticed this " You better get used to it" he said ' What does he mean by that?' Rebecca had thought but decided it wasn't important.

Rebecca soon realized her home was no longer far away,she also noticed they were heading to her home, she glanced at Alexander " Your highness" Rebecca called softly and he looked at her " My home isn't far away, may I hurry to my family? I'll be back before you know it" she pleaded. " We're going there" Alexander said 'what?' Rebecca was shocked, the king wanted to follow her home? no way.

Rebecca immediately hurried to his front facing him and making him stop walking, he furrowed his eyebrow.
"Your majesty, you really don't have to follow me, I'll be back on time, continue your tour, besides my home is not a good enough place for you to step into" she said.

Alexander smiled softly " So you want me to wait for you? I'm not touring alone, so shut up and let's go to your house, I don't want to hear any protests from you" he said and walked past her. Rebecca hurried after him, he was going the right direction and it made Rebecca wonder how he knew the exact direction to her house.

Soon they got to Rebecca's house and they knocked on the door, the door was shortly opened by Rebecca's younger brother Josiah, he gasped in shock " Rebecca?" he muttered both in surprise and confusion, but he was happy. He quickly hugged her and she hugged him too.

They withdrew and then he finally saw Alexander, in shock, he was about going on his knees to bow in respect but Alexander stopped him and hugged him instead tapping his back. Rebecca was stroke with the biggest shock of her life, she felt paralyzed, what was king Alexander doing?.

Alexander withdrew and the shocked Josiah bowed his head, "Please come in your majesty" Josiah said leaving the door to create space. Alexander entered looking around, but not disrespectfully, Rebecca entered as well, Josiah closed the door. He hurried to pull a chair out of the corner , he wiped it thoroughly with a rag. " Please sit your majesty" Josiah said and Alexander sat down majestically.

Not long, Rebecca's parents Mr and Mrs Rew, entered the living room, they both stood like statues and Alexander looked at them. " Your majesty" they chorused and immediately bowed. Alexander didn't know what to say " Hi" he said with a smile. " Please feel free, I came to tour around the village but since Becca's family lived here, I thought it would be nice if she visits you, I also personally wanted to meet the people who birthed such an angel" Alexander said.

Although everyone felt more relieved, they were also confused at how he described Rebecca, especially abbreviating her name and calling her an angel. Alexander sensed this. " She's my personal maid, so I took her on the tour, can I get water please?" he said trying to close that topic and immediately, Mrs Rew ran away and came back with the finest cup they had, she had washed it thoroughly and served the cleanest water they had, she handed it to him with shaking hands.

Alexander took it and started drinking from it while starring at Rebecca. Rebecca gulped and looked away from him, when he was done drinking, he placed the cup down. " Hope I'm not a nuisance?" he asked and they all tensed up.

" No no no, not at all your highness, not at all" Mr Rew spoke quickly. " Please go ahead and speak with your daughter, we would be leaving soon"Alexander said and crossed his legs while watching them, he knew he made them uncomfortable and they couldn't bond properly with him around but he didn't want to leave.

Mrs Rew pulled Rebecca over, they all hurried to a different corner out of Alexander's view and hugged her, but then the questioning came about Alexander. Rebecca told them some of what had happened, how she became his personal maid, but not the intimate parts tho.

" Could it be that his majesty likes you?" Josiah asked. Rebecca hit his head softly. " No, not at all" she said. Although she had thought about it before, she felt it was too good to be true.

After that, they all walked back to the living room to find Alexander still sitted  in the exact position they left him. " We are so sorry for keeping you waiting your highness" Mr Rew spoke " Not a problem at all" Alexander said before standing to his feet " It's getting late already, we'd be leaving" Alexander said and they all agreed.

Rebecca was the first to walk out of the house, and when Alexander got to the door, he turned back to look at her family " I hope you don't mind your daughter being close to me?" he asked, at first they thought about it but then shook their heads saying they didn't mind.

Rebecca had not heard the small conversation between Alexander and her family. The carriage was already outside her house, her parents and brother waved them goodbye as they drove off.

All the way back to the castle, Rebecca couldn't help but think that Alexander only came here for her family and not for a tour, they had not toured at all but only went to her home and now going back.

______________________________

I really hope you are enjoying the story so far.
Please leave your comments to encourage me further and VOTE. thanks alot.
Next chapter coming soon.