Alexander's anger

The castle was huge and servants were usually transferred to work at different parts of the palace at different times, so two days had passed without Rebecca and Alexander crossing paths.

Meanwhile Rebecca was happy she wasn't falling into trouble with the prince, Alexander on the other hand was hoping to cross paths with her again, but he was growing impatient.

On the third day, Alexander woke up with anger, he didn't know why he was angry, but he was angry, he had been yelling at everyone, making them all scared to approach him. No one knew why the prince was angry,  they didn't know how they offended him.

Mrs Gloria and Mr Eliot had gathered all the servants in the palace asking them if anyone offended the prince and they all said NO. It was time to serve the prince his noon drink and fruit salad but they were all scared, no one wanted to go because everyone was afraid for their own lives.

    Their fear had increased when they saw that he also told his closest friend JULIUS to get out of his sight. Now the problem was, if they served him his lunch, he'll punish them and if they don't, they'll also get punished, everyone was confused.

   Mrs Gloria gathered some of the maidens in the kitchen including Rebecca, all their heads faced the floor while Mrs Gloria spoke " As you all are aware of, our prince is in a terrible mood, but However we'll have to serve him his lunch, we're already late by two minutes and it's worth more punishment, someone better volunteers now before I pick someone myself" Mrs Gloria said looking at all the maids.

Her eyes settled on Rebecca, of cause, she didn't like Rebecca very much because Rebecca had came late for the job application. Rebecca also looked very petite so she felt, if anything were to happen to Rebecca, it wouldn't be so much lose to them.

"You" Mrs Gloria pointed and all the heads of the maidens raised to see who it was "You, Rebecca" she said. Rebecca's eyes widened, her heart beat accelerated rapidly " Please ma'am, not me please" Rebecca pleaded "Shut up, didn't you come here to work? are you trying to reject your duty or you're trying to disobey me?" Mrs Gloria yelled at her.

Rebecca honestly didn't know what to do, but then she looked at Lilly "Let Lilly go.... Lilly has always wanted to meet the prince, let her go, please ma'am" Rebecca tried to plead "Not me, when did I want to meet the prince, Mrs Gloria, not me please" Lilly denied, causing Rebecca to stare at her in disbelief, so she was now denying what she said before?

" Rebecca" Mrs Gloria yelled angrily and everyone kept quiet
" You will serve the prince. The more time you waste, the more punishment you are likely to get, now move" Mrs Gloria ordered.

With great reluctance and fear, Rebecca took the tray that contained Alexander's food and left the kitchen heading for his Chambers while Mrs Gloria and all the other maidens followed her behind tiptoeing to go see what would happen.

  They all got to the door of Alexander's private Chamber. He had a small library inside, a fireplace, a bar and sofas . They all peeped in to look and saw Alexander sitted on a couch, he was backing the door where they were. Julius and Mr Eliot walked to them and joined them in peeping as well.

Rebecca looked at all of them " Please madam, I'm still very Young, I don't want to die yet, please..." Rebecca pleaded, whispering so Alexander who was inside wouldn't hear "Go in Rebecca, now" Mrs Gloria whispered back but with all seriousness. Rebecca faced the door again taking a deep breadth, she slowly stepped in, holding the tray in front of her, her entire body shook with fear

'Now I know they all hate me ' Rebecca thought to herself as she slowly approached Alexander whose back faced them. Rebecca paused and looked back at them. Julius, Mrs Gloria, Mr Eliot and the other maidens brought their heads in peeping. Mrs Gloria used her hand in shooing Rebecca on.

    Rebecca tried begging again but they all frowned at her, she turned back to Alexander. They were all spying from outside and she was the only one inside, she shakingly walked to Alexander's front and bowed her head " Your highness" she muttered still holding the tray .

Alexander slowly raised his face and immediately he saw Rebecca, the frown on his face slowly faded off. The girl he had been wanting to see was finally in front of him, ' wait, don't tell me she was the reason I've been annoyed?' he asked himself.

All of them outside could not see Alexander's face cause his back faced them, they could only see Rebecca's face, they were still waiting for him to yell at her or ordered for her head to be cut off, besides he didn't like anyone coming into his private Chambers, but they had no choice as he was not at the dinning and they had to serve him his food.

Rebecca stood, still waiting for him to speak. He could see she was shaking. " Drop it" he said and she immediately raised her face to look at him. she quickly dropped the tray on the table that was in front of Alexander.

"I'm sorry for coming here your majesty, but we had to serve you lunch, we didn't find you in your room or dinning, Mrs Gloria sent me here, I'm also very sorry for coming here later than I should have" Rebecca said in a hurry and bowed her head again, making her hair fall over her face.

Alexander just sat, starring at her in amusement. ' Maybe he should be getting angry everytime from now on, so she'll come to him by herself' he thought, he wasn't actually listening to anything she said, he was busy admiring her, even though she wasn't in beautiful clothes. Her hair was allover the place as usual, her dress? Oh my God, was so ugly and yes, she was barefoot, but in his eyes, she was beautiful, he couldn't get a good look at her face..

________________________________
Vote.          Comment.          Follow

love y'all