Dance with me

He felt the urge to brush the little hair that fell to her face away, he wanted to trace his fingers from her neck down to her shoulders, he wanted to kiss her, the same naturally pink lips he had always admired had now been painted but still in a pink shade.

Rebecca felt nervous at the way he starred at her, she turned back to the food and started eating again just to distract herself from him

"Becca" he called and Rebecca looked at him ' Did he just call her Becca? why, they weren't so close for him to abbreviate her name ' she thought. Unknowingly to her she had cake icing by the side of her lips and a little on her lips as well, she just starred at him.

Alexander eyes landed on the icing on her lips, he reached his hand towards her and used his thumb in wiping off the icing from both the side of her lips and the one on her lip too, then he took his thumb to his lip and licked it.

Rebecca's eyes widened, she was in so much shock and embarrassment ' like what?' it felt so sensual especially the fact that he did it so slowly while starring directly at her.

She felt very embarrassed and looked away, she noticed some eyes watching them. Of cause he was king, and being with an ordinary girl like her would surely draw attention to them, and with what he just did, oh no that was beyond embarrassing. Rebecca's cheeks were flushed out of embarrassment, ' how can he lick something that was on her lip?' her brain kept screaming at her

Alexander looked at her neck and brought out a silver necklace, he leaned towards her, he desperately wanted to be closer to her, he moved closer and took his hands around her neck wearing her the necklace, he made sure he took his time.

Rebecca stood between his arms surprised at what he was doing, her head against his chest since he stood so close , the rate at which her heart was beating was not helping matters.

Alexander finally pulled away after wearing her the necklace " Do you like it?" he asked watching her reaction. Rebecca who did not expect this, she was still in shock, she touched the necklace that was now around her neck , it was very beautiful and also looked quite expensive, she looked up at his face " Your highness, you shouldn't..." she wanted to complain and reject it

"I will not hear any negative word from you Becca, do you like it?" he asked and Rebecca slowly nodded.
Finally Alexander smiled, he gave her his hand to take " May I have this dance?" he asked and although Rebecca was scared, he was the king and she was a maid and everyone was watching them.

Also, she wasn't so good at dancing and all eyes would be on them, yet she still couldn't reject him.
She slowly nodded and placed her hand on his large hand, he held her hand and led her to the dance floor

"Look at me" he whispered to her and she looked at him " Your highness, I'm not very good at dancing" she confessed in a whisper. Alexander gave her a small but assuring smile "Just follow my lead" he whispered

He took her right hand in his left then slipped his right hand around her waist as he pulled her closer to himself. Rebecca placed her left hand on his right arm as his shoulder would make her stretch her hand more than she wanted to.

They started dancing, going side by side, the crowd watched them, everyone who was dancing before stopped, they all left the dance floor for the king and the petite lady who seemed lucky to them.

Alexander twirled Rebecca around then pulled her back into his arms, he held her waist again not removing his eyes from her while Rebecca starred at his chest not wanting to look him in the face. The first music stopped and another soon started, Rebecca thought that was all but she was wrong, Alexander didn't stop dancing so she also had to continue.

Alexander knew if he let her go, other men like Ken would want to come dance with her and that was what he wouldn't allow, she would only dance with him and that was final.

This dance was slower than the first one, not long, other couples started joining in on the dance floor when they realized the king was not ready to leave the dance floor and that meant no one else would have the chance to dance if they waited for him, so they all Started dancing too.

Rebecca was getting frustrated, she was tired but didn't know how to tell him, she didn't want to annoy him. However she felt too tired and she had even started waving slightly.

Alexander noticed, this was his intention, to get her tired so she wouldn't have the strength to dance with anyone else, he held Rebecca to himself and placed her head on his chest, "Relax" he whispered to her still going side by side very slowly.

Rebecca did not hesitate, she leaned on him, well because she was very tired, if this were to be other times, she would have been worried because of the many eyes fixed on them.

After the dance, Alexander finally held Rebecca's hand and led her away from the dance floor, he took her to one of the tables where the food and drinks were arranged , of cause some people still watched them curiously, I mean.... he's king, and the fact he was being so close to this particular young and ordinary looking girl made them even more curious to know what was going on, but Alexander didn't really care about them.

Alexander kept watching Rebecca " Are you tired?" Alexander asked looking concerned " I'm fine, your majesty" Rebecca lied.  He knew she was lying anyway, he just kept quiet not looking away.

His intense stare made her uncomfortable, she turned to the food table , she was tired and also sad that she couldn't meet her family and..... scared?, she picked up a glass of wine and drank everything in a go. Only then did she realize that it was alcohol as it tasted very bitter. Alexander's eyes widened in surprise

__________________________________

Heeellloooooooo 👋
So tell me, what do y'all think about the story so far?

Do vote and comment, thank you so much 😘