Need to see him

Rebecca gripped the sheets in her hands " I can't" she said shakily " Why?"he asked
" It's difficult, I'm used to calling you with respect" Rebecca said truthfully.

Alexander exhaled deeply as he moved away from her and folded his arms across his chest " I'm sorry, about the kiss" he said. Rebecca looked at him 'Did he just really apologize?' she thought with wide eyes, she stood up.

" I didn't think before I...." Alexander paused for a second taking a deep breath " I didn't think if you had someone or.. if you didn't want to..." he paused again. God, his thoughts were a mess, he turned pacing around, after a while he turned to face Rebecca again. " Do you have a lover?" he asked finally, his heart beating in anticipation for her answer, he knew his heart couldn't take it if she did have someone she liked.

" No" Rebecca spoke. Relief, loads of relief was what Alexander felt, he could finally breath.
...............

Rebecca decided to stop being angry, she decided to accept that it wasn't only his fault, she had let him, honestly she didn't regret it herself.

That morning, Alexander had gone out again. this day felt different to Rebecca, she really did miss him ( Alexander). She badly wanted to see him.

Night came, everyone in the castle had gone to bed except Rebecca who laid down on her bed starring at the high ceiling, she had been waiting for Alexander's return, but she didn't know if he had returned already or not ' He must have had alot to do ' she thought.

She looked around and saw the other maidens in the large room with her were already asleep. It was mid-night already, yet she couldn't find sleep. Rebecca got up and walked out of the maids quarters, maybe if she could see him at least, she'll be able to fall asleep.

She walked in the quiet hallway looking back and forth sneakily, she walked trying not to make too much noise.

" Rebecca" she heard her name, it was a familiar male's voice, she halted and turned around. It was Julius " What are you doing?" he asked suspiciously. ' Julius is back, that should mean king Alexander is back too' Rebecca thought.

" Nothing, I just couldn't sleep" Rebecca said bowing her head. Julius walked to her " No problem, uhm... it's good you're awake tho, his majesty is in his chamber now and may need some assistance" Julius said, ending it with a wink before walking away.

Rebecca was a bit confused at the wink part but her happiness that Alexander was back didn't let her ponder on it. She didn't know where the need to see him was coming from but she just really needed to see him.

She went to the kitchen to get some snacks thinking Alexander might need to eat something. She got to his room door and knocked softly. No answer. She knocked again. No answer. ' Was he already asleep?' she wondered and slowly opened the door stepping in, he wasn't anywhere in sight, she dropped the snacks on the bedside table.

She was about calling out for him but then he came out of his closet room on pants ( trousers) while his chest was bare, he looked surprised to see her still awake but was more happy to see her

" Your majesty" she bowed slightly. " I thought you'd be hungry so I brought you some snacks" she said raising her head to look at him. She knew he'd ask her to raise her face so she was getting used to looking at him. Alexander smiled widely, his smile seemed contagious that instant because Rebecca found herself smiling as well.

Alexander walked past her to the bed and sat while Rebecca watched his every move. Instead of trying not to look at his bare body she was admiring it the whole time.

He picked a chip from the plate and placed it between his lips as he took a slow bite from it while starring at Rebecca. She looked away as if he was doing something bad while she gulped. A chuckle escaped from Alexander's lips .

" Hungry?" he asked raising an eyebrow, his smile not dropping, Rebecca shook her head in the manner of NO . Alexander climbed unto the bed covering his legs under the blanket,he took the plate of chips along with him. " Come" he said patting the space on the bed by his side. Rebecca did not hesitate this time.

She walked closer to the bed and climbed on it sitting by his side and resting her back on the headboard of the bed. Alexander picked up a book and handed it over to her, Rebecca looked at it and it was a novel and not a history book. She smiled and looked at him, he was also smiling and not taking his eyes off her while he picked one chip after the other eating.

" I figured you'd prefer reading this" Alexander said and Rebecca nodded. She soon started reading, but not long, she started getting uncomfortable. Reason was, Alexander had been starring at her through out not taking his gaze off for once, while he smiled, and not just that. The way he took very slow bites from the chips and ate them in a way that made Rebecca feel uncomfortable.

She knew that wasn't how chips should be eaten, it was weird, she kept stealing glances at him while reading, she even stuttered. Sometimes she read a word more than five times.

Rebecca was now presently starring at a particular word, not like she couldn't read it but somehow it seemed so difficult to read with Alexander doing all he was doing.

"Are you okay?" Alexander asked biting from a chip, his smile not faltering, while starring directly at her. Rebecca looked at him, her eyes met his but she immediately looked away " Nothing" she said, wait! was that the right reply to his question? she mentally face palmed.

" Are you sure?" Alexander asked again, almost like he was whispering but loud enough for her to hear, Rebecca looked at him again but couldn't reply.

He looked dangerously charming. Rebecca didn't know if she should tell him to stop eating the chips like that and stop smiling, maybe to also stop starring at her, not like she had the guts to. She somehow knew Alexander would not get mad at her if she did but she personally was too scared to speak......

_____________________________

I'm so so sorry, for taking long before updating this chapter, there's been alot going on, I truly apologize, I'll try to update often.

Next chapter coming soon, please anticipate and drop your comments. thank you so much for all your support.