Missing him

the next day, Rebecca still hadn't found , he was out of the castle again, she felt heartbroken once again, how many days had passed now without Alexander? she couldn't even remember.

A ball was to be held next week, it was by the order of king Alexander, saying it was important, but no other information had been given out except ' Everyone should be on their best '.
     The entire kingdom looked forward to the ball, both excited and curious, every female wanted to look their best, it was another opportunity for them to attract his Royal Highness, king Alexander, of cause they wouldn't want to miss it.

    A Taylor of the royal palace was assigned to take measurements of every maiden in the palace once again, the male servants were not left out this time.

Still Rebecca wasn't happy, she wanted to see Alexander, she wondered why he was so busy and had no time for her. oh did she forget she was just a maid, although he told her he loved her and asked her to be his queen, it was still possible that he changed his mind.

Rebecca looked forward to the ball like everyone else, 'she'd get to see Alexander again ' she thought.

The days went by very slowly, Rebecca had no chores, she just walked round the palace, whenever she went to Alexander's room with the thought of cleaning or doing laundry, she finds out it has already been done.

     Two days to the ball, all the servants were given their dresses except Rebecca, saying they couldn't find hers. She felt extremely sad, she would either not attend the ball or attend with her previous dress, it still looked new tho, bad luck would not stop her.

Rebecca had asked Julius about Alexander's where about and he had told her Alexander was busy with king duties.
....................

The day the ball would be held finally arrived, it was evening already but the ball would only begin at night.

Alexander sat with Julius in a room inside the palace, a glass of wine in Alexander's hand.
    He sighed looking at the drink  " How is she?" he asked. " Not very well your highness, she keeps asking of you, but apart from missing you, she's okay" Julius said making Alexander nod.

" If I may ask, why exactly are you avoiding her?" Julius asked, Alexander looked at him " I can't control myself when I'm around her Julius, but I've decided not to play this game anymore, I miss her, her touch, her innocence, the way she looks at me, the way she shivers when I touch her, the way..." he was saying but Julius cut him off clearing his throat and he frowned at Julius.

Julius stood up giving him a forced smile " Your highness, do not tell me about your.... your..." he clears his throat again and continued " I'll quickly leave you to think about it to yourself" Julius said and turned to go
    Alexander picked up a round pillow and threw it at Julius, However Julius dodged it and hurried out laughing.

Alexander smiled looking down at his drink before taking a sip from it.
........             ........

Soon it was night, All the maidens had dressed themselves up, the ball had already began.

Rebecca wore her old dress , she joined the maidens heading towards the ballroom, she could even hear the soft music playing already, but all of a sudden she was stopped by a lady who looked in her thirties.

The lady bowed to Rebecca " My lady" she greeted. Rebecca stood stunned, did this woman mistake her for someone else, " Umm you probably mistook me for someone" Rebecca said, " Please come with me, your dress has arrived" the lady said ignoring what Rebecca said.

Rebecca's eyes widened, she was happy to hear that, but also.... she couldn't explain the feeling, by now the other maidens had gone farther away leaving her . " We better hurry now, so you wouldn't be late" the lady added.

Actually they were already late, however, Rebecca followed the lady into a room, right there was a gown, a silver coloured gown, with rhinestones littered all over the dress, Rebecca stood looking at it in awe, her mouth almost fell to the floor.

The lady smiled widely at Rebecca's reaction. " This isn't mine" Rebecca managed to voice out, she had never seen such a beautiful dress before, she couldn't believe it.

" It's yours my lady, the king had personally instructed that you wear this to the ball" the lady said.

On hearing that, Rebecca finally wore the dress, the lady made her sit and applied make up to her face making her look even more beautiful, she looked at herself in the mirror, she couldn't recognize herself.
     The dress fitted her sides perfectly and went flared from her lower belly all the way down covering her feat, of cause she was wearing pretty sandals underneath as well, her hair fell on her shoulders, she looked absolutely stunning.

The lady stood by Rebecca smiling ear to ear, she was happy the dress fitted Rebecca perfectly " We have to go now" the lady said and Rebecca who had been blown away by her own looks turned to the woman, she hugged the woman excitedly, at first the lady was slightly taken off her feat but she balanced herself and patted Rebecca's back softly with a smile.

....... _____.       _______.   ........

Everyone in the ball were all curious, but went about enjoying the party, they all wanted to know what the ball was all about but yet could not go up to Alexander to ask him.

Alexander stood at a higher balcony watching the whole party but most especially the entrance to the hall, he held a glass of red wine in his hand.
    Five beautiful ladies walked to him and all bowed seductively before raising their heads up again " Can we keep his majesty company?" One asked with the sweetest voice she probably had.

Alexander did not look at her, his eyes were fixed at the door, he was getting impatient, he felt he should go find her himself, he decided to wait a little longer. Another one of the ladies was bold enough to trail a finger down Alexander's arm while she bit her bottom lip.

On normal occasions before Alexander met Rebecca, he probably would have smiled at her and gave in to what they wanted, but meeting Rebecca changed everything, he had no interest what so ever towards another woman who's not Rebecca.

______________________________❤️

Yay..... I'm so excited for the next chapter, what do y'all think?

Please let me know in the comments

Next chapter coming soon.
VOTE AND COMMENT