chapter 6

Authors pov

It's been a week since the kissing incident.
Everything is normal in Anam's life.
She is behaving as if nothing happened.

But on the other hand, Dishaan was fully angry and frustrated with her behavior. Another thing that fueled his anger was her closeness with his younger brother.

Dishaan hates this. He knows that his brothers are too protective towards Anam, and they share a good bond.

Dishaan is sitting on the couch, watching Anam and Danish quarrel like children over a piece of cake, and a sudden wave of anger and unknown jealousy fills his senses.

He controls himself, knowing that he doesn't have any right to feel any kind of jealousy or affection for her. He is just a servant of her brother, nothing else. Just a servant, he thought to himself with anger running through his veins.

.....................
...............//...........///.................
.....................

Anam's pov

In the evening,

I was reading some documents on my phone when I noticed the clock. It was 5 in the evening. I got up from the couch in a huff and started picking up my biology books in a hurry. Uff Allah, how could I forget that I have biology classes starting today, I said, cursing myself.

After picking up the books and putting them in my bag, I took my scarf and covered my hair. I hastily left the room and quickly took fast steps to go to the building next to Malik Villa.

After reaching the classroom, I sat at the number two desk. All the new faces were showing up, and I didn't know anyone. It felt weird.

You must be thinking, how do I not know my classmates? Because earlier in the semester, Daniel, Sara, and Shreya were with me, so I didn't feel the need to make friends.

After some time,

The door opened, and upon seeing Professor Malik, all the students greeted him. I don't know why, but seeing him in front of me, all the things of that day started rolling in my mind, and I started feeling angry and nervous. Before I could calm my mind, a voice reached my ears, and I could tell it was his voice.

"Sorry for the delay. I know my tuition was due a week ago, but I was busy with some other work. We'll start with the basics today."

Saying this, he turned around and started writing today's topic on the blackboard.

After 2 hours,

The class was over, and all the students started leaving the class, thanking the professor. I put my books in my bag and started leaving. Then I felt something wrapped around my hand. I turned hesitantly.

P

rofessor Malik was holding my
wrist.

Before I could understand anything, the professor came close to me. He was so close that we were breathing the same air. When I tried to release my hand from his grip, he tightened his grip. I could not understand what was happening, why the professor was holding me like this.

"You have been ignoring me for a week, haven't you?" he said angrily.

I shook my head without speaking.

"Don't try to lie to me," he said, tugging at my wrist.

There was anger in his hazel green eyes.

"I didn't ignore you," I said, looking into his eyes.

Before the professor could say anything, I heaved a sigh of relief upon hearing Danish's voice.

"Anam yaar, kitni padai karengi? Chal, ice cream khane chalte hai."

I wanted to reply to him when I opened my mouth to say something, suddenly the professor put his hand on my mouth and said, "I am not done yet, Miss Ahmed. I want you in my room after dinner, and if you don't come, there will be consequences." Saying this, he released my wrist.

I quickly ran away from there and started going out with Danish.

"How long did you take, Anam?" he said, placing her hand on my shoulder.

I was silent.

After a while, we reached the ice cream parlor. We both talked while eating ice cream. When we reached home, my breath stopped when I saw the professor in front of me. He was looking at me with angry eyes, his gaze enough to bury me in my place.

Just then, Rusda came running to me and hugged me. I bent down to match her height and hugged her tightly.

"Khala, where were you? Rusda has been waiting for you," she said sadly, with a stammering tongue.

My heart melted at her innocence. I hugged her tightly and said, "Forgive Aunt, Rusda. We were stuck in traffic."

Before I could say anything else, the professor came over, bowed down to me, and took Rusda from my hands.

Rusda went to him happily, and they both were busy talking to each other.

And I stood, looking at my niece without blinking.

******