chapter 27

Anam's Pov

I was standing near the window in silence, looking at the moon, and all the events of the day were swirling in my mind. How in just one day, my world had turned upside down.

I saw my love dying in front of my eyes, yes, Emir was my love, and I had dreamed of becoming his bride since childhood, but fate didn't allow it. Today, I saw him dying in front of my eyes, and it was my brother who killed him.

You may think that I denied my love in front of my brother, saying it was just a childhood crush, but that's not true. I still love him today, but he's no longer in this world

Seeing his lifeless body, I felt angry with myself that my brother had killed him because of me, but,

Looking at his cruelty, I couldn't believe that this was the same person I loved.

Thinking all these things, I don't know when tears started flowing from my eyes, and I let them flow.

I denied in front of my brother because if I had said that I still love Emir, just as my brother forced Dishaan into marriage with me, he would have forced him to divorce me, and I could not bear that. In the eyes of Allah, the greatest sin is divorce, and I did not want to commit that sin. My love is not greater than Allah's  decision. I have accepted my fate, and I have accepted Dishaan, but I do not love him. I am just being a good wife to him.

But at this moment, my worry is Emir's death. Kirmli Uncle will wreak havoc, or maybe he has already wreaked havoc over the death of his only son.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that Dishaan had come up behind me.

He was standing so close that his chest was touching my back. I felt him pull my hair to one side and rest his chin on my shoulder. He had wrapped his arms around my waist, but it didn't bother me because he is my husband, and he has every right on me. He treats me well, and as he says he loves me, but I know it's because of the torture my brother has inflicted upon him. Even if he wants to take revenge, I won't complain about it.

What are you looking at, Jaan? He said while lovingly rubbing his cheek against my neck.

I remained silent.

At that moment, I needed my brother and Rusda, but my brother doesn't let me sleep in his room, and ever since Professor announced our marriage, Khirat aunty has been making Rusda sleep in her room, which I don't understand, but I didn't ask any questions.

Dishaan asked again, seeing my silence.

"What are you looking at, Biwi? You know,  you are more beautiful than this moon," he said and kissed my cheek,  and realizing that I was crying.

He turned me towards him and wiped my tears gently with his palm.

"Why are you crying? Are you still hurt by Danish's words? If you want, I can punish him right now. Just stop crying. He didn't know about that, or  he would never have said anything that would hurt you," he said softly.

I didn't have the courage to talk to my husband about my deceased lover, and my conscience didn't allow me to do so. And after what Emir did to me, I couldn't talk about anything at all.

I shook my head while crying, and then Dishaan hugged me tightly, stroking my back gently, and said, "Please, my wife, stop crying. I am here with you."

I remained silent and hugged him back because I had no words to express my feelings.

               Dishaan's pov

"I can't wait to make you completely mine," I whispered to myself.

I couldn't resist getting closer to her and stood so close that her back touched my damp chest. I wanted to feel her body, but as I reached her waist, her long beautiful hair came between my desires. So I gently pushed her hair aside with love and placed my chin on her shoulder. Now my wet bare upper body was feeling her covered back without any obstruction.