chapter 8

In Turkey:

"Abraham, why are you doing this?" Sunidhi shouted angrily. "Dishaan has come to know that he is married to your sister."

"What's the point of worrying about it, dear? If not today, then tomorrow he will know," Abraham said calmly while drinking tea.

"How long will you punish him, Abraham? It is not enough that he has been obeying you like a servant for the last 5 years," Sunidhi said angrily.

"My love, I forgave him. That's why I gave my most precious thing, my sister, to him," Abraham said very lovingly.

"Forgive him?" Sunidhi said with a fake smile. "Then let him be free from this imprisonment and from that unnecessary marriage," she said softly.

Abraham did not respond.

"My love, Anam is no longer a 15-year-old innocent girl. She is growing up. We can't put restrictions on her life and emotions," she said, worried.

"I want to keep my sister safe. For this, if I have to control her emotions and life, I will," he said angrily.

"Who are you fooling? Why are you lying to me and yourself, Abraham? Anam is your sister. She doesn't need a man to be safe. You know this very well," Sunidhi said.

"Anam is capable enough to protect herself. She is your sister, Abraham. Your name is enough to create fear among people. So who are you lying to? That you sent her to India for her safety and got her married to Dishaan for her safety?" she questioned.

"Dishaan is your puppet. How will he protect Anam? He can't even protect himself. How will he protect her?" Sunidhi said worriedly.

"You are right, wife. I have never forgiven him, nor will I ever," he said after a whole minute.

"How do I forgive him? He is the murderer of my sister. He is responsible for the orphanhood of my niece. It is because of him that my sister is not with me today," he said, controlling his tears.

"Abraham, it was an accident. Dishaan's uncle also died," Sunidhi said, trying to calm him.

"Please, don't let your anger and pain control you. Forget the past. Please, don't sacrifice Anam and Rusda in the fire of your revenge. Free them from this absurd marriage," she said, crying.

"Anam also has the right to love, to live her life on her own terms. Free her from this marriage, Abraham, please," she said, crying with hiccups.

Abraham cried and hugged Sunidhi tightly. "I am sorry, wife. I was so consumed by the fire of revenge that I didn't think about my sister's happiness even once."

"You are right, wife. Dishaan also has the right to be happy. I will free him from his prison and I will ask him to divorce Anam. I will fix everything," he said, hugging Sunidhi tightly.

An hour later, Sunidhi and Abraham boarded their private plane to fly to India.

*****