chapter 24

Dishaan's pov

When the two of us went to Abraham's room, he was talking on the phone while looking towards the window.

I was holding Anam's hand tightly and my innocent Biwi was trying to free her small hand from my grasp. So, in a fit of fake anger, I glared at her, and she stopped trying.

After a while, bhai ended the call, came and sat on the sofa, and laid his head on it. He then said, "jaan, come sit here by my side," pointing to Anam.

Anam went and sat beside him, and she said, "Brother, please forgive me.Bhai It was because of me that you had to kill Emir, and tears started to flow from her eyes."

My heart skip seeing tears in her beautiful orbs,

"Jaan, it's none of your fault don't blame yourself princess, I killed him because he deserves it " he said cupping her cheeks

He held her cheeks with concern like an elder brother would, but I didn't know why I felt a burning sensation in my heart. I, a man who had never felt possessive for anyone before, had never felt this kind of jealousy in my heart for anyone. So why was I feeling this way for my little Biwi?

"Dishaan, come sit here, I want to talk to you," I heard Abraham Bhai's voice and snapped out of my thoughts, sitting on the nearby sofa.

"You have spent five years with me, surviving even the toughest and most dangerous situations. You have always come out alive," he said, and I waited silently for him to continue

"You know everything about my business, that we don't act on emotions, so how could you make such a big mistake?" he said, holding back his anger.

"I don't understand what you mean, Bhai." I asked confused

"When you went to Anam before me, you should have killed Emir right then and there. But no, you were standing there, holding my sister in your arms, his voice was filled with anger,"

"You didn't even know I was in the room, you were so lost in my sister's embrace. If Emir had killed you at that time, you wouldn't have felt a thing," he shouted.

"How could you be so emotional and careless with Anam?" he said in anger.

"I realized that he was telling the truth. But Seeing Anam in that condition made my anger boil, and when she hugged me to feel protected , I forgot everything."he is right " i am so lost in my Biwi's embrace that if Emir had killed me at that time I wouldn't felt anything "

At that moment, all I wanted was to cover her scattered clothes and hair with my body so that bastard wouldn't see her vulnerability. But maybe, instead of getting emotional, I should have killed that scoundrel then and there, as he was responsible for my Biwi's condition.

Bhai it's not his fault, she spoke taking my side,"
"
"Jaan, you stay quiet today," he added, silencing Anam, who was trying to speak."

"You had opposed my decision for this person, and had refused to give him a divorce. Your decision was extremely foolish.He gave more importance to his emotions than to your safety, and...

Before he could say further Anam cut him off saying

If Dishaan doesn't come on time, Emir would dishonor me. He was my childhood friend, but he was also the one who tried to rape me because of his stubbornness and passion. To hide my condition at that time, I sought refuge in the arms of my Shauhar. Did I do anything wrong? She yelled while crying

Abraham was stunned by her words,and my heart is beating like a bullet train because she mentioned me as her shauhar infront of her brother which gives me satisfaction and after a few moments of silence, he spoke.