chapter 40

Authors pov

As Danish's voice reached Anam, she covered herself with a bedsheet which is normal because she is wearing a very thin layer of cloth, and hid her head injury with her hair.

"Bhai... Where is Anna? Rusda was missing her so much," he asked, Rusda, pouts, while shaking her head in Dishaan's arms.

He gave her a genuine smile.

Anam came out of the room, and as soon as Danish saw her, he rushed to her and embraced her in a bone-crushing hug. She concealed her pain.

But Dishaan knew she was in pain, though he couldn't do anything about it. He clenched his fists tightly to control himself.

Danish pulled her back and smiled, showing his teeth.

"Anaa, I missed you so much! Why the fuck aren't you coming home?" he exclaimed.

Dishaan cleared his throat as a warning regarding his choice of words.

"Oh, sorry, dear sister-in-law. But I missed you, yaar!" Danish hugged her again.

Jealousy started rising inside Dishaan's heart.

"I came yesterday, but you weren't home," she said, pulling him back.

Just then, Rusda jumped out of Dishaan's arms and hugged Anam's leg tightly.

"I missed you so much, khala," she said in a cute childish voice.

Anam bent down to her height and lifted her into her arms.

"Aww, Khala ki jaan! Auntie missed you a lot too," she said, showering kisses on Rusda.

Rusda is her life, the reason she stayed in India. She forgot her pain when she saw Rusda smile. They looked like a happy family, which made Dishaan burst in anger. The pills were still taking effect.

"Danish, we can talk even if we're sitting. Dishaan said angrily.

All three of them looked towards him, noticing the anger in his eyes that Anam couldn't ignore.

Dishaan brought Rusda into his arms from Anam as he knew her foot was wounded. He helped her sit on a couch. Danish noticed them and teased them with a mischievous smirk. He was so busy teasing Anam that he didn't pay attention to her foot.

They sat down, and Rusda rushed to Anam's lap and started playing with her hair. She is like a daughter to her, her sunshine.

"Khala ki Jaan?"

"Hmmm," she hummed.

"What would you like to eat?"

"Yaar, you've never asked me so lovingly ," Danish complained.

She rolled her eyes.

"Don't ask. Just give me Danny's ID card, and Rusda will stay here today," Danish said, getting up from the couch while saying this.

"But college hours are over. Why do you need an ID now?" Dishaan said, as he knew about Anam's condition.

"Bhai... she has driven me crazy," Danish complained.

"Oh, so you came here for Danny's work, not to meet me," Anam said, narrowing her eyes.

"No Anna, I came to meet you," Danish defended himself.

"Don't lie, Danish!" Anam shouted, causing herself a headache. Her wounds were fresh.

Dishaan noticed her wincing.

"Both of you be quiet. I'll give the denial ID card in college tomorrow," Dishaan said in a stern voice.

Danish and Anam looked at each other in a confrontational mode, and then Danish left.