𝟐𝟑

-Friday, July 16th, 2021-

𝘊𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘈𝘮𝘪𝘺𝘢𝘩✧

𝘊𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘈𝘮𝘪𝘺𝘢𝘩

"Cherish, how you feel about club hosting?" Essence asked.

I shrugged before continuing to braid down her hair. "I never really thought about it. Why?"

"I got one tonight but I'on really wanna go. You wanna come with me, we can split the bag." She offered.

"Umm, so I'm just getting paid to get drunk?" I asked for clarification. "Mhmm. Pretty much."

"I'm down." I agreed making her smile.

Honestly, I need this. I been so out of it lately.

"So... have you talked to Von?" She asked making me sigh and put the comb down.

"No. I miss him though." I mumbled as I grabbed the blow dryer and slicked her edges back.

"Of course you do. The way you would talk about that nigga, I would've thought y'all was getting married." She said making me crack a small smile.

"I know. But that's over with now. He don't want me no more." I tried to dismiss the topic before I got in my feeling again.

"Did he say that?" Essence turned her head to look back at me. I popped her head with the packaging of the wig cap making her turn back around.

"He didn't have to. I could tell by the way he spoke to me." I shrugged. "Hmm, that's not what I heard." She teased but I decided to ignore it.

She not bout to get my hopes up.

"Can we not talk about him anymore?" I asked. She nodded and got back on her phone.

After about another hour, I finished doing her hair. "Thank you, Bestie. I'ma call you later to tell you when I'm picking you up." She said as she played with her hair in the mirror.

"Ok, see you later." I started to clean up the area. She kissed my cheek before grabbing her purse and leaving. I checked my phone and saw that she sent me three hundred even though I said she didn't have to pay me.

"This bitch." I smiled a little before going back to cleaning up.

It didn't take long before I finished my cleaning and was closing up the shop. I checked to make sure I had everything before leaving and locking the doors behind me.