𝟐𝟕

-Thursday, August 19th, 2021-

𝘊𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘈𝘮𝘪𝘺𝘢𝘩

"Cherish Malone." The nurse called out.

Me and Essence got up, going to the back. "Ok, so which one is pregnant?" She asked, laughing a little.

I smiled and pointed to myself. "Perfect. You can wait in the room, I'm just gonna take Cherish to check her weight and stuff."

Essence nodded and walked in the room. I followed behind the nurse and she checked everything before I took off my shoes and stood on the scale.

"Wow." My eyes widened at how much weight I gained. "I'm wider than all outside." I huffed.

The nurse held in her laugh. "It's ok girl, you can laugh. I'm just a lil shocked." I mumbled as I got off the scale.

I put my shoes back on and we walked back to the room Essence was in. I got up on the bed.

"The doctor will be with you shortly." She said before walking out.

"I'm kinda nervous." I told Essence as I looked around the small room. "You should be excited. You get to see your baby." She reached over and rubbed my belly.

"I know, I am. It's taking everything in me to not call Dayvon and tell him about the baby." I smiled.

"Shit, you only got a week and a half left before he's back." She said. "But anyways, did I tell you how I almost had to go off on Taurus last night?" She asked.

I shook my head and looked at her in concern.

I'm a pretty laid back person but Essence is the real definition of that. She literally does not let shit bother her.

"Nigga had the nerve to come home at fucking three in the morning, wake me up out my sleep and proceed to ask me to let him get some pussy." She explained.

"Nah, what?" I dragged. I definitely thought it was gon something be some crazy shit.

"Yeah, nigga had me fucked up. I almost smacked the dreads out his head. Anyways, so fast forward, I ended up letting him hit and let me tell you. That dick hit different when—"

She stopped herself at the knock on the door before it opened.

My doctor peaked her head in with a smile on her face. "Hey Cherish. I never thought I would see you for one of these appointments." She smiled, sitting down on a rolling chair.