Chapter 3 : House of Joy

You look away quickly, completely embarrassed to have been staring at him like a little high school boy. Why would you think a man like him, all clean cut with his British accent, be flirting with a nobody like you? Plus, someone of his... Status should be married or something. He probably doesn't even like guys! You don't even know if anyone in this town is even remotely similar to you, you're just a runaway.

"Y/N. Hellooo???" Damien/Daryl interrupts your thoughts, you blush, realizing you once again got distracted. Thankfully, this time you were staring at the... bunny animatronic? Okay, now that you get a better look at their faces, you can see why Damien/Daryl called them scary... But hey, it's still cool.

"You know, I can show you how they work," William speaks up, his seemingly normal smirk returning again.

Damien/Daryl interrupts, "I don't think he needs that, he just came looking for a job but-"

"A job? Well, we happen to have a good new position that I have been dying to get someone to try out." William chuckles, his eyes giving off an alluring yet creepy aura and his smile a little too big. But it's fine, he just wants to promote his work, so why wouldn't he? Right?

"What's the position?" You suddenly ask, not really realizing that you cut off Damien/Daryl till after you said something.

"Well, I personally have been doing so much of the fixing for the animatronics lately. Locating anomalies, fixes, and construction with little input from Henry, the other co-owner." William says, his eyes staring into yours before he continues, "I could use an assistant, you know. Someone to hand me the tools, bring me snacks or drinks, you know. An extra pair of hands."

The thought of working directly for this man and right next to him, makes your face light up like it's on fire. Before you can say something, he continues.

"And I mean, who wouldn't want to work with me? These guys are state of the art, and I'm working on making even further advanced ones. I'm willing to pay high as well." William furthers, leaning a little too close for your comfort before backing up.

"I never... worked as an assistant before really. I don't really know if I have experience-" you try to say only to get cut off by this hot jerk.

"You don't need experience, just be by me. At all times. Listen to me. And do as I say." William says, rather mischievously, and for reason, it sounds a little weird to say it out loud. The blush on your cheeks is bright red from his words.

Damien/Daryl who's stayed quiet for a while decided to speak up, "I don't think Y/N really needs to work as an assistant-" he tries to say as you cut him off again.

"Oh no, it's fine! I'd get the chance to work with kids and I kind of like it here!" You announce, a small smile imprinted on your face as you look around.

"Happy to impress." Williams starts, "If you're serious about the job, come find me. I'll let you look around and enjoy yourself, see you.~" he says in a flirtatious tone as he walks off into the crowd of little cute gremlins.

Your cheeks, which literally just calmed down, are back to being bright red from just his tone. Seriously, does this guy just like to flirt or something? Because you know that he knows, he's hot. And he definitely picks up you think so too, how would he not? Literal bastard.

"Do you actually want to work here?" Damien/Daryl asks, a bitter look on his face. Clearly unimpressed about where your interests lay.

"Well, I like it. Very cozy to me, but I might need to get used to the animatronics... I'm sure I'll be fine!" You say with a giggle, his expression doesn't change but he sighs.

"If you say so," Damien/Daryl mumbles, "Anyways, I have to get to work, do you want me to take you back to my place or?"

"Oh I'm fine right here, I don't know, might pick up the job offer." You gleam, giggling as a couple of kids run by.

"Alright, you know your way back? If not, text me." Damien/Daryl says, rather quickly, clearly in a rush to get to work. You only nod in response as he quickly leaves the little joy house.

You look around, finding joy in seeing the happy kids roaming around, eating pizza, playing, and cheering the big animatronics on stage. You began to walk around, a smile coating your face as you enjoy the environment and atmosphere of this diner. It really was something but something catches your eye. A kid in the back who doesn't look too happy, you don't really know why but you walk over to him. He was fairly small and pretty young and a girl sat next to him. He wore a plain grey shirt with some dark stripes and the girl wore a simple pink shirt. It looks as though she was trying to brighten the mood, they don't really see you.

"Hey, you two alright?" You suddenly ask, scaring the younger boy, proving they didn't see you.

He slowly nods and looks at the girl, as if seeking protection. You take it as a sign that maybe you shouldn't have approached them so suddenly. You see them about to speak but just before they do, a familiar voice approaches. That same sexy British voice.

"Well, wasn't planning on seeing you here." That voice says, you turn to see just who you expected, William.

"Oh, uh just wanted to check on these two, they-"

"They're my kids and they're fine. Just this one," he points at the boy, "is a little scared of my furry friends on stage." William says, a small chuckle escaping his rosy lips like music... Oh fuck, did you just think that??? You're cheesy.

Pushing your thoughts, you decide to try and comfort the kid again, "Hey kiddo, I'm sure the guys on stage don't mean to scare you. Don't they look like big fluffy plushies?" You try to say.

He just looks away from you and at William before just staying quiet, clearly not in the mood for talking. The girl, his sister, just pats his back in an attempt to calm him down further.

"He's fine, really. I thank you for worrying but he's always been like this. Just gotta keep an eye on them." William chuckles, clearly liking your enthusiasm with kids. Especially, his kids.