Chapter 30 : Wake Up

You're a little caught off guard but respond nonetheless, "Uh of course?" You mumble quietly back at Henry, "Right now?" You question for clarification.

"If that's alright with you, I'll be in my office so come in when you have the time." Henry answers before turning around and walking away before you can even answer which just makes you more confused yet intrigued.

As Henry walks away, he passes by William who says something you can't really make out as it's a whisper but you do make out Henry's sigh and a few words. The nickname Will for William getting your attention as you recall William seemingly to not really like that name your first day here...You guess your staring was obvious as Henry and William part ways with William heading in your direction which makes your pulse quicken at just the idea. You seriously feel like some high schooler with a crush half the time, it's honestly embarrassing.

"Hello, birthday boy." William simply greets, a teasing smirk on his face that is rather alluring to you in addition to his silky voice.

You give a little wave as you speak, "Hi William," you reply, not really there mentally as you do a little bit pondering on what Henry wants to say and the nickname Will...

"Something on your mind, darling?" William asks as he seems to pick up that your mind is otherwise occupied.

"Ah, it's nothing really serious, I think." You mumble sheepishly as you try to brush it off since William was here.

William stares at you for a couple seconds with a look you don't quite comprehend in the moment before he responds, "You sure? You can tell me if anything is on your mind," he states out with a little tilt of his head.

"Mmm, I'm just curious. Sorry if it's none of my business but I was fairly certain you didn't like the nickname Will but Henry just called you it?" You mumble, hoping you don't come off as rude for sort of eavesdropping.

William pauses for a second before letting out a light laugh, "Will is just a nickname between...friends." William says with a little shrug while leaning against the nearby table in a casual manner.

"So I can call you Will?" You question, you genuinely don't know where the two of you stand but you'll settle for just about anything with this man...

William let's out another chuckle, "Is that what we are? Friends?" He asks in a flirtatious tone as he leans in close to your face suddenly, you can't help the blush that forms quickly.

You're silent for a second to try and control your feelings, your blush completely betrays you though. "A...Are we not?" You mumble out with a bit of fidgeting going on in your hands.

That same handsome sounding chuckle emits from William's lip at your question which you only makes you more embarrassed, "Mmm, if that's what you want to call it, darling..." William finishes as he pulls away from your face much to your hormones disappointment, you don't know if that was obvious as William only makes another comment, "Unless you want to be more?..." he teases which in all honesty is the more obvious thing.

"Is... Is that your way of asking me out?" You instinctively question as your face is burning up more by the second, you can't take the whole 'does he like me?' situation at this point.

"Well, you weren't going to do it." William playfully answers with a smirk which doesn't help your blushing but really helps you feel a big weight get lifted off your shoulders. You feel all fuzzy at the idea of going out, even once, with William and you can't shake the feeling.

You see William about to say something else but his attention is swiped at the sound of slight arguing. You turn around, your eyes landing on William's children who as per usual, they are arguing about something. Though Elizabeth seems to be getting really agitated by whatever Michael told her. You let out a small laugh at the sight as William let's out a small groan of annoyance, "We'll talk about this later, alright?" He says as he flashes you a small smile before heading off to defuse the situation between his kids.