Chapter 32 : A Party's End

It starts to get late and tiredness has really hit you like a truck, at this point everyone was mostly ready to go. You would have left earlier if it wasn't for the fact that you had been waiting on William to come back. You've been trying to stay distracted, which was a little hard since Damien/Daryl had actually went home earlier and your sister was quick to as well. Henry on the other hand, seemed to be keeping an eye on you or something, he probably didn't trust you or something. And the kids? Well, Michael was on his phone with both Elizabeth and Evan sleeping on either of his shoulders. While he may act a little bit of a rebel or angsty teen sometimes, he's definitely a sweetie at heart and you love him for that.

Your thoughts return to William again, your eyes dart over to the office area and you ponder if maybe you could go over there? Maybe? Led by your thoughts, you slowly walk over there, ignoring your surroundings but definitely feeling someone's stare following you. You once again ignore it and pace to William's office but before you could even knock, the back exit to an alley way pulls open. You flinch at the loud sound of the same door closing, you face the direction and are met with the sight of William's face. His face is illuminated by one of the dim lights and his dark blue eyes meet yours. You don't know what he it is but the look in his eyes is rather mysterious yet intimidating, that same look disappears in a matter of seconds. The look is replaced with the one you're rather used to, the playful and somehow, mysterious but differently, if that's possible.

"What are you up to?" William asks softly as he walks towards you, stepping further into the light with this pleasant smile on his face.

"I was looking for you..." You sheepishly reply in a somewhat tense voice before you point awkwardly at the door to William's office.

"Oh? And why is that, hun?" William questions with a somewhat amused yet curious expression as he starts to lean against his office door. He's just a few inches away from you. Your tense feeling only growing but in a good way... to a degree.

"I was going to head home in a bit." You mumble, your eyes practically glued to William's eyes. You really couldn't get enough of William's attention, you didn't hold any grudges against him for past events. Maybe you should be but when you look into those pools of blue, it sort of makes you forget about everything else.

"Ah, of course. You wanted to stay good bye? How sweet." William quietly teases in that same velvety tone of voice that makes you feel weak, he really knew how to push all your buttons.

You slowly nod in response, you didn't trust yourself to give him a proper verbal answer at this point as you sheepishly smile. Your face warms up in a flustered manner when William leans in close to your face, with less than inch between you, it feels like he's scanning your face. A small chuckle escapes his throat before he closes the distance with a little kiss. Much to your disappointment, it only lasts maybe 3 seconds? William pulls away with a very satisfied smirk on his handsome face as you're just left to try and not be an even bigger mess. Maybe one day you'll be more casual with kisses from William but that day is not today, he fills you with a rush of adrenaline when he's near. His lips against yours sends you into a haze and it's a high you never want to end. But it does. And William backs up as he examines your disappointed yet blushing face closely.

"Don't get greedy now, love." William softly jokes and playfully narrows his eyes at you before turning to his office, "I'll see you tomorrow, alright? I'm sorry we didn't get to spend as much time together as I'd like us to." He whispers barely loud enough for you to hear in such a sincere voice that it makes you feel like your heart is being gripped. It's like William has you in his grip and refuses to let go. In a good way.

"Yeah, alright. Bye, Will." You murmur mischievously and lightly jab at his shoulder before William just shakes his head and walks into his office. You stand there for a couple of seconds but eventually turn around and start walking back to the main section of the party.