Chapter 27 : Grudges and Late Nights

TW: Drinking alcohol, as stated prior to this.

.

You think your hesitation was visible as you see the shot glass get a little nudge in your direction, and you turn to the source of the action. Your eyes meet those beautiful dark blue eyes that belong to the one and only William, he flashes a simple smile in your direction. You can't help but accept the "invite", disregarding that maybe you hit your limit already in fear of disappointing him. William's smile is so flattering and you'd do anything to keep seeing it. Is that bad...?

In other news, your throat is used to the feeling of the alcohol and it settles in your stomach without issue. Your throat does feel raw somewhat and you feel a little dizzy from your previous shots, maybe that last one was a mistake...

You guess your reaction was visible or something because you hear Damien's/Daryl's voice, "Maybe you should slow down, Y/N." He comments quietly, resting his hand on your shoulder as his look is full of concern whilst his eyes meet yours when you turn to him. You take a second before you nod, a little embarrassed that you had to be told to slow down.

"He can choose his own limits, you know?" William mumbles bitterly to Damien/Daryl, his words slightly slurred as he spoke. It was very obvious that the alcohol was getting to him as well which kind of worried you as you did not need to see a drunken bar fight. Especially between your boss, whom you may have feelings for, and your friend, who's also your roommate. It just seems like a mossy... messy? Yeah messy, situation.

"Right. And pressuring him to drink definitely respects that limit." Damien/Daryl mutters back as he crosses his arms at William with clearly dislike to William's words, though it might just be William in general.

William stares at Damien/Daryl with a look that you can't quite read all that well but you don't think it's good with what you can see. That suspicion is confirmed when William responds with, "There you go with the false news again." William comments with obvious hatred in his tone of speech which scares you sort of. But you brush it off, not everyone gets along...

Damien/Daryl scoffs, "You think you're so great, don't you?" he asks, clearly not wanting an answer but trying to upset William but you don't think it'll work...

As expected, William laughs, "Yeah, I actually do. I mean, I know I am." He agrees, he clearly liked that even if Damien/Daryl didn't mean it as a compliment. But it doesn't faze William, he'll happily accept it which you can tell just pisses Damien/Daryl off more.

You can't help but sigh with slight annoyance clear in your tone, these two just seem to never get along at all, do they? They both act like children fighting in junior high/middle school and you should probably ease the tension before they fight like junior high/middle school students. You quickly stand up onto your feet from the stool, getting your black coat you had taken off prior when you and William were talking previously. Both of them quiet down at your sudden rise, it takes a lot of what you could call liquid courage to speak.

"Okay, you two. How about I just take Damien/Daryl home?" You ask with a tired tone as you feel a sting in your forehead, you felt fairly physically tired now that you got up. You feel weak. Is it from the alcohol..?

Neither of them respond for a second as if waiting for the other to say something disagreeing with you but it never happens as Damien/Daryl gets off the chair slowly. You sigh again but more in relief that they're not going to continue, though that relief quickly fades when you get another sting in your head. It's a painful and pulsating sharp pain in both of your temples but you try to ignore it which doesn't do much.

"You okay...?" Damien/Daryl asks with clear concern in both his voice and expression as he pats you on your shoulder softly. You feel fairly weak for having this reaction to the first time you have drunk but try to push that emotion away.