Chapter 23 : Sexy British Man

"Excuse me? I could have died!" You almost shout, clearly pissed off as you start to raise your voice while you speak.

"I'm seriously confused why you're so mad, you're not dead. You're here, aren't you? You're welcome by the way, not that you ever said thank you." William comments, the way he can say all that with such a leveled tone kind of upsets you more. He's so confident in what he says.

You huff, "You pressured me into the suit! Why would I say thank you?" You ask with a heavily bitter tone while you cross your arms.

William doesn't say anything for a second, "I don't think I pressured you into anything, you said yes and I just helped you. You could have said no," he responds, tapping his fingers on his desk as he speaks. Is he bored? Seriously, what the fuck...

"I did say no but you basically made me say yes." You mutter, very much annoyed with how much William's brushing off. Maybe it doesn't to him but your life means a lot to you so, of course, you're pissed off that William let you put yourself in danger.

William leans forward towards your face, poking your chest as he speaks, "You said 'I don't know' which is very different from no, and in the end, you said yes. It's not my fault if you regret your decision. I'm trying to be as nice as I can but I'm not going to deal with this." He mumbles as he pulls away, you hate yourself for it but your face heats up from his proximity.

You sigh, "You know what? You're not going to admit your wrongs so how about we get over it, I'm not letting such an insignificant moment ruin my life." You huff, clearly still pissed off which is very obvious to anyone who hears you.

William answers bluntly with an "Okay." which furthers your bad mood with how unconcerned he seems to be.

You stare at William for a second, taking a deep breath, trying to bury all your negative emotions. You don't want to be angry and especially if you're working with the man but fuck he makes it hard. Not in a rude way but you think that William lacks some social skills, he genuinely doesn't seem to think of himself in the wrong. Nor does he even try to see your side in the slightest which really pesters you because you're literally the one with injuries to show for what happened. You got hurt and he didn't, it's as simple as that.

You take another deep breath, "Is that all you needed to say?" You ask, trying to contain your anger as nothing good comes from holding a grudge.

"More or less," William responds with a shrug, he doesn't seem to know what else to say.

"Alright, then I'm going home." You mumble, getting up to leave at a haste pace.

"Wait, Y/N..." William suddenly says quietly, biting his lip while he speaks.

You turn around, "What?" You question, very much confused about what he has left to say.

William sighs, "I'm...sorry. While I still don't see what I did wrong, I don't want us to be petty over this." He mumbles, pulling at his collar slightly as if it's hard to say sorry.

"I said I was gonna get over it..." you respond, not really wanting to give him the pleasure of forgiveness just yet.

"Yeah but I still wanted to say it," William says as he gets up, walking in front of you. There's this look in his eyes that makes you feel shy, you struggle to find words as he just stares into your eyes.

You blush faintly, nothing serious as he grabs your face with his hands, "I..." You try to say only to get cut off by a sudden kiss on your lips, your face practically explodes in red and you tense up for a second.

But it's kind of comforting after the mini fight you just had and William seems genuinely sorry for how he's made you feel. Sure he doesn't see his wrongs but at least he's trying, that's more than some people. The kiss is much longer than the past ones you've shared, and it's hard to not kiss back. This is the first time you really get to experience it, his lips are super soft against yours and very warm yet his hands contrast that in a good way. It's pleasantly cold yet also warm, William pulls away which you wish he didn't. There's something about being close to him that you just love no matter how many times it happens. You want be mad at him still but you can't, he just has this pull on you... Fucking sexy British man, lucky motherfucker that you're so nice and forgiving.

William lets out a slight chuckle as he does so, you look away from his eyes as you try and control your blush. Which you think you ultimately fail at as William kisses your cheek softly, you could only assume he did that to tease you. Fucking bastard. But you also love it in a way.

You'll never tell it to him or anyone really but this male attention, after literally running away from your old home for your sexuality... Having someone treat you in this way, it's super nice and well, you kind of fallen for William. Sure you were mad at him, reasonably but he is sort of right, you said yes. It was your decision in the end. So you can't really be mad at him, sure he withheld the truth from you but I mean, it's not like you tell him everything. But not everything you hide is dangerous and could potentially get him hurt, fuck you're being petty. Like you have the right to it but it's not really you to be like that.

"Did that kiss really shock you that much?" William teases about your silence as he chuckles again, running his thumb on your bottom lip. A smirk plastered on his sexy bitch ass face.

You roll your eyes, you're getting used to his teasing, "Maybe, I think I need another one to really feel it," you joke with your blush still slightly heating up your face as you speak.

William's smirk only widens, "Oh really? Don't mind if I do." he states and with that, his velvet-like lips are back on yours. But it's much shorter than the last one and he pulls away with this satisfied look on his face, William chuckles as you laugh slightly too. There he goes again, finding new ways to make you flustered and while kissing isn't new, doing it so casually is. Plus it's never not going to make you feel fuzzy considering he was literally your first actual crush and first kiss as well...

There's something about this man that you just can't put your finger on, William is so many things at so many times. The obvious, he's an attractive man with an attractive accent who dresses, ding ding, attractively. But like, you're drawn to him in a way you can't really put your finger on and it's kind of overwhelming. He fills all your senses in a way no one else has and it's very much a nice feeling for you. Is it weird to say he smells nice? William is wearing a strong cologne and he's very close so you can very obviously smell it, its scent is nice.

William perks up, "Oh hey, I read your official file. Your birthday is in a few days, is it not?" William suddenly asks, already knowing the answer since like he said, he read your file.

"Yeah it is, I don't really think I'll be celebrating this year. Not much to celebrate about and well, I don't have too many people to celebrate with so..." you trail off as you fidget slightly with your fingers, trying to look anywhere but William's eyes. Which you think he noticed because he grabs your chin and guides you to look at him again.

"Well, we work at a diner that literally hosts birthday parties, Y/N," William simply says, flashing you a toothy grin as he speaks.

You roll your eyes playfully, "I wouldn't want to cause anyone any trouble-" you start to say but get cut off by William.

"Pfft, you causing trouble? Please as if, I'm all the trouble you need, darling," William teasingly flirts, at this point, you have whole heartedly accepted the fact that you like this man and he seems to like you too. How could you not, he's kissed you on multiple occasions and flirts with you so openly.

Even though your blushing, you shake your head at his teasing, "Right. Anyways, guess it's time to go..." you mumble, now that you're on good terms again, you kind of don't want to go now.

"You sure? You could stay a little longer, I think the kids love you," William says, smiling at you sweetly. It's like he knew your thoughts, fuck this better not be those weird 'soul mate' shit from novels.

"Only if you're fine with it, I'd love to be with the kids more and you of course!"

"Well, obviously I'm okay with it if I brought it up," William says with a snicker, you sigh. Sometimes he's so very mysteriously sexy, other times he a pain, and sometimes he's an attractive type of childish. It's so cute to witness in a way.

"Okay then Mr. Smart Guy," you joke as you blush from his teasing, sticking your tongue out.

"Oh, you know what's fun? Evan's birthday is very close to yours, '83 better be the year he stops fearing my animatronics..."