Chapter 26 : Choices Matter

TW: Drinking alcohol, as stated prior to this. Will continue for a couple of chapters.

.

William gets up with a sigh, flashing a smile at you as he goes to the group of investors, Henry, and weirdly enough Damien/Daryl. Since he's writing in his notepad, you can only assume it's for a job thing, you didn't expect to see him here though. You notice Damien's/Daryl's eyes look up and meet yours, he has visible confusion on his face but quickly goes back to writing. But he kept taking glances at you so you slowly wave at him to which he responds with waving in return slightly but goes back to work. You'll probably ask him about his later or something, he loves to ramble on about his work with you. Damien/Daryl says he never really gets the chance to so it's the main reason you do, it makes him happy so you're happy.

You feel someone else staring at you and turn your attention to the group of investors, there were three of them. The one lady in the group is blatantly staring at you as the two men talk to Henry and William while Damien/Daryl just listens in. You're rightfully confused to the bone but flash her a quick smile, hoping it'll fix whatever problem she has but much to your surprise. She scoffs, loud enough for you to hear but no one else was paying attention, you think, as she turns her attention back to the conversation. Rude.

You turn around on the stool, downing the last couple of shots you had left, the alcohol didn't feel as good anymore. Was it only good because William was doing it with you? Ugh... you push the glasses aside and rest your head on the counter, boredom clear. You sort of temporarily black out, you don't know if you fell asleep or something but you were blocking everything out. That is till you hear one of the investors ask a specific question that makes you listen in.

"Have you two thought of the last character yet? It's getting low on time, we want an official concept by the end of the week," the lady suddenly asks, probably trying to find some way to make her bitchy self relevant. Seriously. What problem did she have with you???

"We might need some more time-" Henry's voice starts, a tired tone in his voice but he's interrupted.

"-to show off this idea, one meeting is not enough!" William practically shouts, shutting Henry up rather quickly.

"We just need a run down, Mr. Afton, just the basics." The first man comments, though his voice was accompanied by a chuckle.

"Right, apologies. A little excited," William says, clearing his throat slightly, "The idea is a yellow chicken named Chica, I know, amazing right?"

"A yellow chicken?" The other man repeats in confusion for clarification.

"Yes. No alternatives." William spoke, and even without looking, you could sense his grin from your spot on your velvet stool. It sent shivers down your spine and it felt nice.

You can't help but blush at how much pride William has in saying this, now that you think about it, it's fairly embarrassing. But he seems to like it nonetheless. And Henry doesn't seem to reject the idea or say anything, I mean the investors seem impatient so it's probably for the best...

You hear a couple of steps and perk up as they all walk over to the bar counter, a couple of them sitting down as they order drinks. You're about to zone out again when William sits down next to you again, flashing that same smile again that just makes you fuzzy again. You and William just drink while talking about random things for what feels like an hour before the investors take their leave. When they leave, you feel much better. Their presence made you unnerved and uncomfortable in a way, you don't know why just quite yet. Obviously, the lady didn't like you though, for some reason.

You turn around on the stool, noticing Henry and Damien/Daryl talking which kind of surprises how friendly they look. Henry and William work together so you'd assume that Damien/Daryl wouldn't get along with Henry but quite the opposite. Guess it's a personal thing between them or...? It doesn't really matter, it's none of your business what happened between them even if you are curious. You snap out of your thoughts when both of them sit down on the stools to your right.

Henry stares at you and William for a second, "Sorry if this is rude, Y/N, why are you here?" Henry asks, despite his question, he did have a polite tone as he turns to the bartender and orders a glass of beer.

Damien/Daryl orders the same but in a smaller glass, turning his attention to you, "I was kind of wondering the same...?" He asks, curiosity clear on his face as he spoke.

"William invited me!" you answer, smiling sweetly hoping it didn't come off as awkward as it felt for you. Your emotions were flopping all over the place like oil on a stovetop, it was uncomfortable.

"Well, that much was clear but why?" Henry asks, his dark brown eyes shifting to William, obviously, the question was directed at William this time.

William sighs, "Meetings are always boring, I needed some entertainment." William mumbles, leaning in and giving you a soft kiss on your left cheek which only causes your face to explode in embers of blush.

There's a long pause after William does that, it was fairly obvious that neither Henry or Damien/Daryl were expecting that. And you especially weren't. Your face felt as if it was on fire and you're overwhelmed with utter embarrassment, he's kissed you on multiple occasions but in private! Your face...

William lets out a soft chuckle, "Why is everyone so shocked?" He questions, a knowing smirk on his face as you're still trying to control your thoughts. Smug British bastard.

"Because you can't just kiss people randomly like that, especially without consent." Damien mumbles, crossing his arms as he gives William this glare of hate visible before he darts his eyes away.

"I've kissed Y/N multiple times al-" William starts but is shut up by you elbowing him in his chest, flustered to the brim but still having some sense, "What?" He asks with innocent eyes but the smirk on his face tells a different story... he's doing it on purpose. Fucking tease.

You cover your face in an attempt to calm down but your embarrassment is only driven more when you notice Damien/Daryl staring at you. It was like he was trying to see your reaction to know if William was joking or being serious. You can't help but dart your eyes away, more or less confirming his suspicions. Damien/Daryl just sighs, this tone of disapproval in his voice which kind of confuses you. Why is it any business of his on who you're romantically involved with?...

You hear Henry clear his throat, "Ignoring that. But seriously William, how many times do I have to tell you that you can't do whatever you want?" Henry comments bluntly, narrowing his eyes at William like a disappointed father.

William groans in annoyance, "Before you try and get on my case, did me not 'doing what ever I want' just satisfy our investors for the time being?" William mutters, an obvious frown visible on his face at this but his eyes have this look of, "you know I'm right."

Henry just glares at William, "Ignoring that too. Y/N, I have another question for you," Henry states, pushing his annoyance aside as he turns his attention back to you. You and Henry never really talk too much, or at all in general so this was a little weird for you.

"Yeeeah?..." You reply with a tone of confusion heavily coating your words as you tilt your head slightly to convey that same confused emotion.

"Are you coming to work tomorrow? You don't have to just yet with what happened last time, I get if you need more time." Henry says, his question reminding you that you told William already but not Henry.

You quickly nod in a clear yes response before speaking, "Mhm, I'm going. Also, yooou don't need to worry about me, Henryy." You respond with a small laugh, not noticing the sound of your own words being slurred, flashing a small smile at Henry. It's nice to know that he would be understanding if you didn't want to go.

Henry nods slowly, turning away which kind of makes your smile awkward so you turn your attention away from him as well. You reach out for another shot but stop at the slight dizziness in your vision, seeing double for a split second. Maybe you had too much already.