Chapter 25 : The Intoxication of a Man

TW: Drinking alcohol, as stated prior to this. Will continue for a couple of chapters.

.

You let out a flustered laugh in response, really not used to the compliment but if you're honest, it felt really nice. You never were someone who liked the praise of other people, you were always independent. Now you kind of have to be independent, you don't really have anyone to rely on. You don't know how true it was but you genuinely felt nice in the clothes you were wearing today so there was that. Maybe it's because it's the shirt William brought you but regardless, you love it very much. It was a perfect fit and made you think of William, he was like the puzzle piece you needed in your life. You put a halt to your thoughts as William begins to speak...

"Sorry if I'm too early, just had to get out of the house already. The babysitter came." William asks as he continues to stare at you up and down, which you don't mind, kind of like it.

You perk up, "Babysitter? Did Michael go out again?" You ask, tilting your head in slight confusion at that statement.

"Yep, typical for him. You're ready?" William asks with a flirtatious tone accompanying his voice, more or less, brushing off the last topic.

"Mhm!" You hum out in confirmation to William's last question as you step outside the house, surprised by the sudden breeze that passes by you as soon as you take a step outside.

You turn around and lock the door, walking with William down the few steps leading up to the steps. William holds his hand out for you to grab, you're a little flushed but grab it and follow him. It's fairly dark now which makes sense, casually, you blindly follow William as he walks alongside you. You sort of just stare at him, his features are as entrancing as always and you think he noticed because he makes eye contact with you with a wide smirk on his smug face. But you can't help it, the way his nose curves like a mountain slope, his light freckles that coat his peachy skin, and his dark blue eyes that allure you in so many ways. They're features you don't think you could ever get tired of...

You dart your eyes away, slightly embarrassed, have been caught staring, but nonetheless, you blush hardcore. Much to your gratitude, he doesn't tease you about it or make any comments. In an attempt to redirect yourself, you find your eyes staring at the small town in front of you, it really was a beautiful town. Small, silent, and peaceful, yet it's so very interesting all at the same time which is very impressive. You can't say the same thing about your old town, it was very boring over there and very close minded.

The walk itself isn't too long and it's quite peaceful, you and William get there in a matter of minutes and it's not too busy at the moment. There are a couple of people here and there, but that's about it. You and William head over to a couple of stools, the environment is semi-quiet, with a touch of light music in the background. You've never actually been to a bar before or drunk alcohol in general, all of this is new to you. Which is quite embarrassing to say since you're twenty-two.

" I have to admit something," William starts before continuing, "We're actually a little early, I wanted to talk to you a little bit before they got here. As well as to get a couple of drinks in, I hate being sober for these meetings." he finishes, calling over the bartender and causally ordering six (alcohol of choice) shots.

You wait till the bartender serves the drinks before responding, "Oh, that's alright. You could've just told me but what is with you being early today?" you joke slightly, a small smile on your face, "Also, this is embarrassing to admit, but I've actually never drank alcohol before..." you mumble as the bartender leaves.

"Mmm just feeling it. And really? Never?" William responds, already quickly downing one shot before he speaks.

"Yeah, never." You clarify, a slight blush on your face.