Chapter 28 : Surprise

You got home with little to no issue that night, you were quite tipsy as Damien/Daryl said but you actually don't have much of a memory. You recall William being a tease and you having to remove Damien/Daryl from the situation before anything got more heated, but that's it. Most of it is a blur and the week so far has been rather bland, William has been much too busy with paperwork and Henry never really talks to you. Scott is always on duty, not having much time to chat which you respect. The only person you've really talked to while at work was Fritz, even with his blatant flirting which you're no where near being used to, he's actually a cool guy to talk to. No boring minutes with that guy around...

It's been a few days since the day at the bar, which even with it being pretty average, is going to be a core memory for multiple reasons. Regardless, it's Wednesday and the feeling of Moth licking your face brings you out of your slumber much to your dismay. You have work so you were going get up early either way but you wake up to your alarm not a cat...You let out a soft sigh as you sit up after a few minutes, giving Moth a small pet on his head which seems to satisfy him as he coos before trotting away. It makes you shake your head at the silly yet sweet little cat, he is rather small but doesn't seem to be a kitten? Well you've never owned cats so maybe he's just average size.

Brushing off the random thoughts that attempt to fill your head, you get up from your comfy bed with a heavenly stretch. It feels incredibly good on your sore muscles, you had completely forgot you spent most of yesterday's work hours helping Fritz take in party supplies from out back. You haven't had a good work out in a long while, you've felt pretty sluggish lately so your body really needed a good work out like that. Maybe you should start going on daily jogs or something...

Moth surprises you again as he brushes against your leg suddenly before hiking himself up against you, his little claws digging into your thigh as he seeks attention. A small laugh escapes your mouth as you give him another pet which he responds to with a small happy purr. Honestly, you'd die for Moth. He's such a lovable little guy. Moth just gives wizard companion vibes, like he'd chill on your shoulder all mystically.

Your attention is reverted back to reality at your alarm, having forgotten to properly disarm it when Moth woke you up. It's probably time for you to get ready even though you'd rather stay home and snuggle with Moth but duty calls. Today feels like any other day really, you know it's your birthday but it doesn't feel like it so far other than Moth's surprise kisses. So you treat it like any other day really, you start to prepare for work after having properly been awoken now by that dreaded alarm.

You throw on a causal black sweater, black jeans, and cozy black boots along with a simple scarf to keep you warm as it's significantly getting colder and colder. It'll probably snow soon which you're not too excited about, it's cool for the first few hours but it becomes an inconvenience really quick. Once you've finished changing, you open up your door and leave your bedroom, walking to the bathroom across the hall. Moth makes his way to this kitchen where you hear some movement, Damien/Daryl is probably up to something right now.

You take a couple minutes in the bathroom, you have noticed that thankfully the scabs and cuts that covered your skin have significantly faded. Maybe a couple with permanently scar but not too many hopefully. You let out a sigh as you collect yourself at the mirror, you had a sense of uneasiness in the form of a pit in your stomach. You missed home. You don't want to admit it but it's true, you really like it here but it's not easy to just transition to a whole new life. You feel sick to your stomach right now and it's not a good feeling.

Alas, you shake your head to clear your mind and finish up in the bathroom before heading out. You smile to yourself as you see Moth rush back to you at the sound of the bathroom door opening. He purrs as he starts to lead you to the kitchen weirdly enough, he's just the sweetest. Once you enter the kitchen, your eyes come into contact with the sight of Damien/Daryl setting the table. Damien/Daryl quickly takes note of your presence, a large and friendly smile forms on his face quickly.