Chapter 31 : A Wish From Within

You hear, that adorable small voice of Evan's making you just smile more as William lets Evan have his moment.

"Yeah Evan?" You answer to his call as you crouch down next to the small boy who has something behind his back? Slowly Evan hands this little paper to you, awwwww! It's a little birthday note with everyone's signature as well as some little drawings he did! The brightly colored drawing resembles you to some extent and it causes you to genuinely feel even happier than you already were, it feels like there's more love in this restaurant than anything your parents gave you.

Evan twiddled his fingers slightly, silently reminding you that you haven't commented yet and he seems to want your opinion on it by the looks of it.

"Evan, I love it! You're so talented sweetheart, did you draw it all by yourself?" You ask with a gleaming big smile across your face like a ray of sunshine on your facial features.

"Well, Elizabeth helped a bit..." Evan mumbles as he looks at the ground with a small smile forming on his cute little face from your words. You really enjoy it when your words mean a lot to someone plus it's Evan so how can you not smile even more at him.

"You both did wonderful jobs! I'm going to cherish it forever!" You chirp out as you hold the drawing close to your chest with genuine affection before looking at it again, your heart feels like it's going to burst from today.

"Really?" Evan questions with a small glimmer of hope as if he finds these compliments and appreciation unbelievable, which only motivates you even more to make it know.

"Mhm!" You hum out as you fold it up and put it in one of your pockets before ruffling his head with adoration.

With a big smile of glee, Evan gives you a small hug and runs off to Elizabeth, slight rambling on how you loved it escaping him as he spoke to her. He's just the sweetest little guy, you feel like you'd do anything to protect his innocence.

"I'm glad they like you." William suddenly says, your attention turns back to the man who planned all this, there's a slight tug at your heart when you remember that. The fact that William literally closed the place just for you, not like he needed to since it's a place for birthday parties but it's like he wanted it to be all about you. Which you are definitely not used to but admit that being the center of attention is nice, especially if that attention is William's.

"Me too," you respond with a small smile as your thoughts continue, you just didn't understand why William was so nice to you. Sure there were moments that weren't the best but nothing is perfect, other than William. That's cheesy, what the fuck brain. You're becoming a cheesy simp at this point...

"So going back to what we talked about earlier, would you be interested in going somewhere tomorrow? I'd like to celebrate your birthday even more with just the two of us, you deserve to be cherished, Y/N." William softly yet firmly says, that last sentence feeling like velvet to your ears as you  feel like you're unable to register this.

You can't help it as your mind instantly can't think straight, you struggle to form coherent thoughts and you somehow forgot that William basically asked you to be...more than friends? He didn't put a label on it. But regardless, is he actually asking you out? You cough slightly to clear your mind, "Um, that... that sounds nice!" You respond in a cheery tone as your face feels fairly warm as usual but it felt different, unlike normally where you just were assuming it was romantic, it feels more forward this time. Was William waiting for you to make a move back but you took so long that he just asked you himself?... Are you actually that oblivious?

William's smile turns to a very confident smile and you can see some satisfaction in it, "Great, can't wait. I'll text you the details, alright?" He confirms with that same smile that really makes you feel so damn flustered in his gaze, his sexy voice can make anything sound so damn nice.