Jake 9

"The girls seem to be getting along."  Mix walks besides me.

"I had a feeling they would."  

"So, what's going on with you two?  You haven't made this much time for a girl in a long time."  

I look at Riley.  "It all started when you guys wouldn't let me practice my photography skills on you.  She and I ended up in the library at the same time and collaborated on an assignment."  I shrug my shoulders.  "We get along."

"She's not..."

"Don't."

"If Di likes her, then I approve."  He shrugs his shoulders.

I smile.  "That's three of us so far then."

"So, do you still have the photo's on your phone?"  He raises his eyebrows.

"Some other time, Archer."  I run to catch up with Riley. 

"I'll ride with you to show you the way, Riley."

Di walks away with Mix and I throw my keys to my SUV to Brian.  "Be nice to my baby."

He catches the keys.  "Then maybe I should ride with Riley?"

I smile. "Funny."

Riley looks uncertainly from one of us to the other until I grab her hand and tug her toward her Honda.

"Why does he keep teasing you about me?"  Riley asks once we are in the car.

"He's like a brother to me.  We've known each other since high school."  I scratch my neck, trying to decide how to say what I want to.  "I guess I'll just say it straight.  He's not used to me becoming friends with a girl.  I don't have time.  I bring a girl home when I need to, but it's only a temporary thing.  No attachments.  No time for attachments."  I look at her.  "That's why he can't figure you out."

She blinks.  "Oh.  I'm glad you spelled it out for me.  I wouldn't want to make the mistake of falling for you."

I blink.  Now why did that hurt?

She holds out her hand.  "Friends?"

I take her hand and hold it.  "Friends."

She turns and starts the engine.  "Maybe you could fix me up with someone that wants a girlfriend?  That is, not a hook-up."

"If I don't have time for a girlfriend, how do you think I would have time to play matchmaker?"

"I'm on my own then, or maybe Di can help me.  Where's your place?"

I direct her to the four bedroom house that my family owns.  It is a drafty old thing that was built in the nineteen forties, but the rooms are big.  It originally had only one bathroom, but my grandparents had a second one put in around twenty years ago or more.

There is room on the street for Riley to park her car.  

"I wish Ryan had given me a heads-up so that I could have brought some other clothes."  

"Maybe Di will have something you can borrow."

"I hate to impose on all of you."

I grab her hand and tug her reluctant ass toward the house.  "Come on."

Everyone is scattered to the four corners of the house when we go in, except Di.  She grabs Riley and tugs her along behind her.  "You don't have to worry about her Jake.  I've got her."

I watch reluctantly as Riley disappears with Di into her and Mix's bedroom.  Mix comes out a second later.  "She kicked me out."

I head to the kitchen to get something to drink.  I still have homework to do tonight, but I doubt that I will get anything done.

The girls come back out a half hour later each wearing a pair of Di's booty shorts and cami's, which fits Riley considerably tighter.

I don't know who's jaw drops faster, mine or Mix?

"Couldn't you girls have put on a little more clothes?"  Mix complains.

Di points to the bedroom.  "Out Buster!  Us girls are getting our Fifty Shades fix on."  

Brian walks into the room and stops, then walks directly over to Riley and puts his arm around her.  "I'm in."

The growl that comes up from my throat must have been audible.

Daniver looks over his shoulder at me and grins.  "What about you Morrow?  You up for a sadistic sex movie?"

"No, no, no!  You guys are not going to ruin this for us!  Now go!"  Di points out of the room.

Brian steers Riley over to the sofa and sits down.  "Have a seat Riley."

Riley looks at Di.  "Di, I can't watch that if the boys insist on staying."

"Let's watch The Wheel of Time instead."  Mix offers.

"Okay."  Di whines and sits down on her boyfriends lap.

"No place for you but the floor, Morrow."  Daniver puts his arm on the sofa behind Riley.

"Daniver...off limits!"  I growl.

He looks me in the eye.  "Yours, maybe.  Not mine."

I know that he is deliberately trying to push my buttons, but I am reaching my boiling point anyway.

The second that I see his fingers touch Riley's shoulder I scoop her up and sit down with her on my lap.  

"Spoil-sport."  Brian mutters under his breath.

I position her across my lap with one hand on her back and the other on her tummy.  "Kick him for me, would you Ri?"  I murmur in her ear.

"I could sit on the floor, Jake."  She talks softly as the show starts.  

"I'm comfortable.  Are you?"

Her cheeks get very pink.  "I'm fine."

We are almost an hour into a binge watch when Brian gets up and leaves the room.  

Riley's breathing has a hitch in it and I realize that my hand has slowly made it's way under the camisole to the underside of her breasts.  I let my thumb graze the fullness before I still my fingers.  Just a casual touch, but I am now rock hard, and my breathing matches hers. 

Di quietly gets up and drags Mix with her to their bedroom.

Riley looks at me with lidded, dark eyes.

"I'll get you a pillow and a blanket from my room."  I move her to the sofa and move fast so that she hopefully, doesn't see my boner.  By the time that I have calmed down enough to come back I find her coming out of the bathroom.

She takes the pillow from me.  "Thanks Jake."  She murmurs softly and walks back to the sofa and shakes out the quilt I brought her.  

"Night, Riley."  I whisper as she lays down.

By the time I get up the next morning she is gone.