Riley 20

Life is so much sweeter now that Jake and I get to sleep in the same bed every night.

Now, even when Jake has zero time for me during the day, we have time to sleep wrapped in each others arms.

It has to be enough.

Christmas is sad because we aren't together.  I am here with my parents in Portland and he is in Eugene with his.  The only difference is that I can talk about his with my family, where as I am still a secret with his.

Sometimes it makes me wonder how important I really am to him?

He, on the other hand, is my everything.

I have decided to tell him how I feel when I get back to Eugene.

To Jake:     I miss you!

                      Merry Christmas!

To Riley:     Same <3

                       When will you be home?

To Jake:     I like that you say that my "home" is there with you!

To Riley:    ... Always.

The second that I park my Honda in Eugene, Jake is at the door to meet me.  He takes me in his arms and kisses me tenderly.  "I missed you so much!  The bed is lonely without you."

"I missed you too.  I brought you some of my mom's apple pie and some lasagna."

"Mmm, sounds great!"

"What did you do while I was gone?"

"Went over to my folks place for Christmas day, then just hung out here, sleeping."  

"They still don't know about me?"

"No Honey, you know why.  I can't tell them yet."

"I know."  I look down at my feet.  "My parents want to meet you, sometime."

He puts his arms around me.  "I can't wait for the time when I tell my family about you.  You are special to me."

I look at him.  "You are special to me too, Jake."  I swallow.  "I love you."  I whisper.

He blinks at me, then takes a huge breath and lets it out.  "One of these days we are going to go over to my parents place and I am going to tell them that I fell in love with you almost from the first moment I saw you.  When I took your photo, and I couldn't stop looking at you.  You put me under your spell."  

"Let's get this food put away so that I can show you just how much I missed you!"  I tell him.

He runs around to the trunk and grabs my over night bad and a box with the food in it and we head inside.

Winter term begins, then Spring.

As soon as Spring term begins we all take turns with the stomach flu.  Sounds gross, but our house is one big puke fest after another.

Once Jake is done being sick, then I get it.

By the time we are both well again at the end of March, we have not made love in two weeks and we make up for lost time.  

We can't really shower together in a house so full of people, so we take turns getting clean and the second he joins me back in our bedroom I drop my robe.