84. "That is Fish."

Dozing, Levi noticed that the soft hunk wanted to move away from him. When she tried to support herself with her hands on his knees while standing up, he stopped her escape. To be sure, he could walk again without pain and move his legs. However, his knees would not withstand weights such as his wife's current one. Carefully, he pulled her back to him. "Is something wrong?," he asked sleepily, blinking. Their bedroom was in full darkness. Not even the first ray of sunlight was visible.

"No. But you can't sleep in that position. That's why I wanted to get up already," Ayumi said tiredly.

"But I can only sleep with you," Levi whispered, leaning his head against the back of the bed. "Are you crying?," he asked, startled, as a few drops fell on his hand.

"No," she sobbed, "it's the two of them."

Levi frowned. Was she in pain? Were the two kicking? Or was it the hormones? As he stroked her belly, he felt no movement. For his own safety, he decided to play along. "And why are they crying?"

"Because they cannot go to the market today," Ayumi sobbed.

Levi bit his lower lip.

"You're so mean, Levi," Ayumi cried, moving away from him. True, he had not made a sound. But she could feel the movements his body made because of his soundless laughter.

"Sorry," he laughed loudly and tried to pull his wife to him again. But Ayumi slapped his hand away.

Since she had gained quite a few kilos, Ayumi's normal clothes no longer fit her. And even from the newly bought maternity clothes, she could only wear a dress and a pair of trousers. Until last night, at least. When they had finished their tea and Ayumi was about to go up the stairs, there was suddenly a ripping noise and Levi looked down at his wife's bare bottom. Not the seam, the whole fabric was torn. Ayumi wanted to just sew a big patch over it, but Levi didn't want her to leave the house like that. Ayumi, on the other hand, did not want Levi to buy her new clothes. So close to the birth, it no longer made sense to her. And so Ayumi only had one dress left. Which Levi, however, immediately packed and took to the dirty laundry. It had too many food stains. And so Ayumi could not leave the house today.

"But if the two of them just tell me what they want to eat, I'll get it from the market," Levi said, leaning down to give Ayumi's belly a kiss. With some effort, his wife had managed to sit down next to him.

"But they don't even know what's available today. And for the past few days, we've always been buying by sight," Ayumi complained.

"I can just buy you another dress," Levi tried again.

"No." Ayumi shook her head. "We need the money for the two." She leaned her head against his shoulder. "We still need to buy cloth nappies and toys. And they need a cot too," she enumerated.

"I'll take care of it," Levi replied.

"But why can't I come with you? You wanted to do the laundry today. So my dress has to be dry again by tomorrow at the latest," Ayumi whined.

"Don't you think it would be better if you stayed in the house and near Steve from now on?," replied Levi cautiously. "I'm sure it won't take that much longer," he murmured and stroked her hand.

"Levi?," she asked as she lifted her head from his shoulder.

"Mh?"

"Can you massage my legs? Please?"

Levi smiled. "Mh," he replied again, crawling to her feet. "Too hard?," he wanted to know as she sighed and leaned her head against the back of the bed.

"No. It feels good," she replied honestly.

"But?"

"But I miss you," she added as she focused on her husband's touchs.