Chapter 3 - Reorient the Spirit

- (Y/n)'s POV -

As you made your way to The Ancient One, you spoke to inform the new guest, as well as subtly announce his arrival.

"The sanctuary of our teacher, The Ancient One."

"The Ancient One? What's his real name? Right. Forget everything I think I know. I'm sorry. Thank you for... Huh-" 

His belongings were removed from him by other sorcerers in the sanctuary. 

"Okay, that's, uh... a thing... Thank you." 

You suppressed a giggle as you and Mordo bowed and left the strange man to his doom, standing on either side of the door you had just walked through. 

"Hello. Uh, thank you. And thank you, Ancient One... for... seeing me..." 

It was so hard not to laugh considering he was talking to Master Hamir, thinking he was the ancient one, which you had to admit, in his defence, he did appear slightly ancient.

"You're very welcome. Thank you, Master Mordo, Master (Y/l/n)." The Ancient One spoke, causing the tourist to snap his head in her direction, confused. 

She, however, was glancing over at the teapot, silently asking for you to pick up the tray of tea, which you did, while The Ancient One served it. 

"Thank you, Master Hamir. Mr. Strange!" She spoke, and the glint in her eyes told you she was about to enjoy this.

"Doctor, actually." he said, taking a sip of the hot tea that he'd just been served. 

Strange? 

What a name. 

You noticed the slight shake in his hands as he brought it to his lips.

"Well, no. Not anymore, surely." 

Ouch. 

"Isn't that why you're here? You've undergone many procedures. Seven, right?" She spoke without a stutter. He looked confused, shocked even. 

How did she know? 

That's something you learned never to question. 

She always knew.

"Yeah... Good tea." He mumbled, glancing back at you. You couldn't tell if it was a look of thanks or hesitation that the tea had been spiked with something.

"Yes." The Ancient One added, nodding to you which you returned with a humorous bow once no one was looking. She then moved to pour herself some tea beside him.

"Did you heal a man named Pangborn? A paralyzed man?" That name was familiar, to you and Mordo. You remember his arrival, and you remember training him, both of you did. You never grew as close to him as Mordo might have, but you were always very friendly to each other and you were happy to see him able to return to his life.

"In a way."

"You helped him walk again."

"Yes."

"How do you correct a complete C7-C8 spinal cord injury?" He asked, almost rhetorically. Sure, to most, it sounded impossible, but you had to admit, it was entertaining watching the mundane learn about this, especially since you had been exposed to it for so long and from such a young age.

"Oh, I didn't correct it. He couldn't walk; I convinced him that he could." 

A gentle smile across her lips. God, you hated how cryptic she could be, but right now, you loved it. Mordo looked up and smirked, her cryptic-ness also tickling his brain.