Chapter 42 - It Was. And It Wasn't

- Third POV -

"(Y/n)!" 

Stephen shouted through the flames.

She can't hear you.

Eadin's voice rang through Stephen's mind. He glanced down at Wong, and by the look on his face, Stephen understood that Wong could hear Eadin too.

"What is she doing?"

I don't know...

"No, Eadin, what is she doing physically? What is this?" Stephen asked again, looking up at the tall violet flames that stood several feet tall in front of him.

I- I don't know...

Stephen shifted his gaze, confused, before the chains of Wong's cuffs pulled his attention.

"They shut you out?"

I-

They could hear the panic set into Eadin's voice. Unlike Vysio or Strey, Eadin was a creation of (Y/n)'s, and had only ever known her and her mind.

"Hey, it's ok. You've got us, right?"

Stephen piped up, trying his best to comfort the Hauntling that had now been transferred to his own subconscious.

"Ahem," Wong interjected, holding up his wrists for help, "Do you guys mind?"

---

"Don't think this new power of yours scares me." Mordo spoke, his eyes dancing around the flames that now circled them, intrigued.

"Now," She started. Her gaze softened, her expression morphing into an inquisitive look. Her fingers were playing at her sides, moving in between the little wisps of smoke that trailed them before she shot her fingers up and towards him. The magic zoomed towards him, wrapping bundles around his limbs and entrapping him in sheets of purple. "Why would I think that?" she smirked, seeing his manic expression as he attempted to wriggle out of his bounds.

"I want you to tell me what you did to those other sorcerers."

(Y/n) was now alive with magic, letting every ounce of it consume her body. She had risen above the ground, eye level with the now trapped Mordo, and hoping she could get any sort of sense out of him. There was no point, she had decided, in trying to convince him to come back to them. To drop this path for vengeance. She had already lost all hope for him.

"I find it an interesting choice. Exclude Strange and Wong. Why?"

He spoke, his voice calmer now that he's adjusted to the tight bounds he found himself in.

"I'm asking the questions!"

She screamed back as her eyes glared bright purple daggers into his.

"You think they wouldn't approve of this. Am I right?"

Mordo stared at her, and waited for her face to soften before breaking into a smug look himself.

Don't listen to him.

She shook her head and took a deep breath.

"What. Have. You. Done."

She repeated her question through gritted teeth, tightening his bounds after every word. She watched as he shifted uncomfortably against them, her face starting to smile.

"They do not deserve it!"

"It is not your choice to determine what they do or do not deserve!"

A sliver of her magic had worked its way around his neck, and started to tighten along with her rising anger. She watched curiously as Mordo started to stiffen, now losing his ability to breath.