Chapter 46 - Did You Mean It?

- Third POV -

(Y/n) stood in the garden back in Kamar-Taj. 

A lot had happened since she'd been back here, in front of her parents' headstones.

She had witnessed her mentor and parental figure die. 

She had assisted Stephen in stopping the Zealots and Dormammu, saving the world.

She fell in love.

She had begun her life as a master of the New York sanctum, which she had then found out her parents also carried that role for some time together. 

She trained and mentored a group of students for a few weeks.

She had discovered an ancient form of magic buried deep within herself, passed down by her mother. 

And finally got that journal she had been after for ages.

She befriended the Hauntlings that manifested from said magic, learning more about her parents in the past few months than in her entire life.

She acquired her first ever relic, one that her own mother had wished was her own. And one that had been extremely helpful in controlling her powers.

She battled one of her closest friends, again, and watched the same magic that coursed through herself corrupt him and lead him to a nightmare.

She found out that The Enchantress was still alive and uncovered the truth about where she went and the ability to free the Hauntlings.

She battled the most powerful Hauntling and freed them all.

She even said 'I love you' for the first time in her life.

And now here she was. 

Standing before her parents, and wishing she could tell them all that has happened.

She heard the sound of someone approaching. Their footsteps heavy, letting the grass and leaves crunch beneath their shoes.

"How is he?" She asked, keeping her gaze on the headstones in front of her.

"Unconscious." Stephen chuckled slightly, causing her to smile.

Wong and Riu had brought Mordo back to Kamar-Taj to keep an eye on his state. And he had woken up, but immediately freaked out and attacked them, causing Riu to send a heavy bookshelf towards him, knocking him back out.

"He deserves it." She said, turning towards him and intertwining her hand with his as they started making their way back out of the garden.

---

"So, what are you going to do now?" (Y/n) asked Riu as the four of them sat in The Ancient One's sanctuary.

"I suppose I am free now, aren't I?" Riu replied.

She had been looking through the various bookshelves, fascinated with how far mystical art studies had come since she was last here, several thousands of years ago.

"What will happen now that the Hauntlings are gone?" Stephen asked, looking between Riu and (Y/n) as they turned to looked at each other.

"Well," Riu started, "For you, (Y/n) my dear, it shouldn't change much. If you so desire, the magic still runs through your veins, and it should still be accessible, should you wish to continue using it."

"And you?" (Y/n) asked.

"I- I'm free to live my life." She paused, a smile of realisation now creeping up onto her face. "That cave was sealed off by Timor. Keeping me and my life within it. Now that I'm no longer trapped there, and Timor is no longer bound to me, my life is finite. I could finally experience what it means to live."