Chapter 13 - Wong Told on me?

- Stephen's POV -

"Once, in this room, you begged me to let you learn. Now I'm told you question every lesson, preferring to teach yourself, or with the assistance of Masters Mordo or (Y/l/n)."

It was the next day. I was walking into the sanctuary with The Ancient One as she brought this up.

"Once, in this room, you told me to open my eyes. Now I'm told to blindly accept rules that make no sense?" I asked.

Sure, I was still training, and nowhere near the level that Mordo or (Y/n) was, but I could feel my improvement, and I felt determined.

"Like the rule against conjuring a gateway in the library?" She asked, now turning to look at me.

Something in her expression told me she knew I wasn't the only one there last night.

"Wong told on me?" I replied, smirking in disbelief.

She looked taken aback by my response. She definitely knew (Y/n) was there with me last night. I watched her collect her thoughts for a seconds before she continued speaking.

"You're advancing quickly with your sorcery skills. You need a safe space to practise your spells."

With a wave of her hand, mirror-like fragments appeared in front of us, creating a wall. I watched The Ancient One walk through the shards and cautiously followed. On the other side of the wall, I noticed the reflections all around, like I was standing on the opposite side of a very large yet cracking mirror.

"You are now inside the Mirror Dimension. Ever present but undetected. The real world isn't affected by what happens here. We use the Mirror Dimension to train, surveil, and sometimes contain threats. You don't want to be stuck in here without your sling ring." She explained.

Curious.

I wonder if while here we could see through actual mirrors, like windows... wait, threats??

"Hold on. Sorry, what do you mean, threats?"

Am I even safe standing here?

"Learning of an infinite multiverse included learning of infinite dangers. And if I told you everything else that you didn't already know, you'd run from here in terror." How pleasant.

I watched her repeat the same motion with her hands that allowed us both to walk back into the sanctuary, now mirrorless. It was truly a fascinating concept, all of course, minus the whole 'mirror prison' idea. As I turned to leave, I felt The Ancient One's eyes on me, analytical.

"Was there anything else?" I asked, slightly eager to get on with my day.

"Stephen-" She paused, searching for the right words. "I am fully aware of how close you and (Y/n) have become, and while I think it's great, finally seeing her comfortable around someone... she can be quite... delicate."

"Delicate? She certainly doesn't seem so fragile." I answered, a confused smile forming across my face.

And it was true.

(Y/n) always had such a tough exterior when she was wandering around the temple. Not one to deter the other students and master's, but one to show that she wasn't to be messed with easily. But once you flashed her a smile walking by, she'd return it. You could always feel her confidence and it was soothing in a way.