Chapter 19 - Keep Me Alive, Will you?

- (Y/n)'s POV -

Your eyes widened, both of you. You immediately pat down your waist, where your ring rested when it wasn't on your fingers. 

It was gone. 

You both turned, seeing one of the Zealots holding both your rings. He had escaped and was running towards Stephen with a blade in his hand. Before you could react, a spark flew from your legs and you realised he had conjured a whip around your ankles before you had even noticed his presence. As you fell forwards, you heard Stephen groan. 

He had been stabbed.

"Stephen!!!"

Something inside you snapped as you struggled out of your bounds.

- Third POV -

Stephen was now trying his best to escape. Dragging his failing body down the halls, attempting to put as much distance between himself and his attacker. His body was now on the ground as he turned to see the Zealot raise his arms, a new blade conjured in his grasp. Just as his arms began to descend down from over his head, his weapon glowed a bright violet, and started disintegrating. 

The two men turned to look, and saw (Y/n). 

Her eyes were bright purple, her hands to her sides playing with little wisps of indigo and violet smoke that trailed through her fingers. Before the Zealot could move to attack, she raised her hand, flicking her wrist like how one would try to flick an ant off the dining room table. He flew back against the wall. But she had now appeared in front of him in an instant, cloaked in a purple mist. She moved to cover his face with her hand, an aura seeping out of it and into his skin . The magic flowed through him, this incredibly unfamiliar yet warm feeling. And just like that. He slumped over. 

Dead.

Stephen had watched all of this. And despite the incredible pain he was in, stab wound and all, he was unbelievably confused. He had earlier watched as (Y/n) sent a purple spell towards a Zealot in the foyer, and again in this very hall which resulted in sending one of them through the gateway; thus prompting his idea of entrapment. But as she turned around, her eyes now back to the (y/e/c) he knew them to be, she rushed over to him.

"Stephen-" She looked down, his wound looked horrible.

"Hospital. Now"

She handed him his sling ring which she snatched back from the Zealot's body. As he moved his arms, visualising the hospital in his mind, she worked her way under his arm, supporting him, before they moved through the glowing ring, together.

- Stephen's POV -

We stumbled into a janitorial closet. That freshly bleached smell hitting me. (Y/n) was under my arm, taking my weight as we opened the door and rushed out.

"Can I help you?" A passing nurse asked us, concern and slight panic in her words.

"Dr. Palmer, where is she?"

"Sir, we need to..."

"Where is she?" (Y/n) had cut her off. We were both fighting time.

"At the nurses station." She added, taken aback at our prompt tone.

I led us towards the end of the hall.

"Christine!"

There she was. Scrubs and all.

"Stephen? Oh my God. What..."

"We need to get me on an operation table now. Just you." She was hesitant at my words, incredibly confused, "Now! I don't have any time!"