Chapter 35 - Scared. I Knew It.

- (Y/n)'s POV -

I want out.

No. You can't.

I don't care. I can't stay here. She's useless to us. Wake up and realise that.

This is a lot to handle! I bet it can be pretty stressful...

Let her adjust. Just be patient.

No! You're pathetic. Just wake up already!

Stop it. Take a second to think and realise what you're doing.

NO! WAKE UP!

My hand moved before my mind had fully registered what I was doing. I shot awake, reaching out to grab something. But I would have never expected what had actually happened. My heart was racing, reeling from the loud voices in my head. I felt like I had just awoken from a nightmare when I registered there was something in my now outstretched hand. It was almost like a burnt dark purple cloak. Like a dementor from Harry Potter, but less stringy and more flowy? But there was a skull imprinted where a head would be. A face but no mouth, just eye sockets that bore dark rings. The cloak was less fabric and more 'ghostly'. The ends of the 'body' fading in the light. It shouldn't be tangible in my hands but it was. Shit. It was in my hands.

"AHH!"

"AHHHH!

"AHHHHHH!"

I quickly released my grasp and scrambled as far back into my bed as I could. The fabric-cloak-ghost thing shot up and flew across the room. Stephen, who I had now registered was standing in the doorway with a tray of tea, had quickly dropped the tray, letting the pot and cups shatter on the ground, and had conjured up two shields in its place.

"What is that!"

"That? Who are you calling that?!"

The ghost had flown towards him.

"Stop!"

Something in my mind was controlling me. I had crawled to the edge of the bed and, now on my knees, had my hand outstretched towards Stephen and the ghost. My palm was glowing and I could feel a sort of energy tethering itself to the dark figure. It froze in its path towards Stephen, stopping just inches from his face.

"Ugh! Stop! Let me go!"

I felt this tether start to pulse, and something was taking over.

Pull them back in. Feel the energy, and absorb it.

I didn't know who was speaking, but I figured they'd probably know what they were doing... right? I breathed in, focusing on everything going on in my mind and around me. The energy, my heart rate, the sound of the sparks flying off Stephen's shields. I focused hard, visualising the energy that was specifically connecting my palm to the figure. And before I could understand what was happening, let alone stop it, the ghost was trailing itself into my palm and disappeared.

Stephen had rushed over to me, calming my glowing state immediately whilst scanning my features out of worry. I was catching my breath, adjusting to the brightness of the room after having focused on the dark spaces in my mind. I just wish I understood what was going on.

"What... was that...?"

He had tilted my head back into his palms as he asked. I guess there's no point in hiding it now.

Can you tell him we don't like being called that... please.

I moved to the edge of the bed and sat down as he moved to sit next to me, placing a hand on my jittering leg.