Chapter 4 - Have You Seen That Before in a Gift Shop?

- (Y/n)'s POV -

The Ancient One grabbed his hand in an instant, twisting and turning it, taking him by surprise. Swiftly, she moved, taking the palm of her hand and pushing it back against Strange's own body. You both knew what was happening. And before you were able to move, Mordo rushed to the teacup which was now crashing to the floor, leaving you to catch Strange as his astral form was pushed out of his physical.

Of course, Strange saw this, the cup slipping out of his grasp to the floor and his body slowly falling into your hold. But just as quickly as he left his body, he found himself returning, gasping for air. 

Helping him back up, you couldn't help but notice his eyes move over you, panicked.

"What did you just do to me?!?" He asked The Ancient One, almost terrified at what he had just experienced.

"I pushed your astral form out from your physical form." She explained, stating it like it was obvious, which to you and Mordo, it was. 

But for obvious reasons.

"What's in that tea? Psilocybin? LSD?" He questioned, now concerned he was drugged. He looked back at you, and you simply gave him a questioning look. 

Really? 

He turned back to The Ancient One.

"Just tea. With a little honey."

"What just happened?" He repeated, calming himself a small bit, trying to regain any sense he may have lost.

"For a moment, you entered the astral dimension."

"What???" 

He couldn't keep his composure, unsure if what she was saying was true. And even if it was, he had no idea what that meant. He was completely lost.

"A place where the soul exists apart from the body" The Ancient One spoke. 

You could tell she was trying to teach him a lesson. You had only hoped you weren't this stubborn when she was teaching you all of this for the first time.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He asked, almost pleading to be let go despite the fact no one was holding him down.

"To show you just how much you don't know. Open your eye." And just as she said that she placed a thumb on the middle of his forehead, his mind being opened for the first time.

---

He was falling? 

No, flying. 

No. 

He didn't know. 

He was floating and then being dragged through different visions and images. He genuinely had no idea what was happening.

"No! No... No! Shit!" 

He was screaming, and yelling while being dragged through The Ancient One's mental game. 

"This isn't real! It isn't real! It isn't..." 

He stops, distracted by a butterfly as it flutters past him. 

Calming. 

This one moment just before he reached out to touch it only for him to go flying off through space and dimensions again.

---

"Are you sure this is a great idea?" Mordo questioned gazing down at Strange's body.

"Yeah, his heart rate is getting dangerously high." You added, both Masters standing on either side of her.

She grabs his shoulder, temporarily bringing him back to reality. 

"He looks alright to me." She replies after quickly glancing over his terrified features.

---

But just as suddenly, he was again zooming through the cosmos, images, and objects flashing around him. 

He was terrified. 

He couldn't control anything. 

But all he heard was The Ancient One's voice speaking to him. 

Directly to him.

"You think you know how the world works? You think that this material universe is all there is? What is real? What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses? At the root of existence, mind and matter meet. Thoughts shape reality. This universe is only one of an infinite number. Worlds without end. Some benevolent and life-giving; others filled with malice and hunger." 

He floats over a dimension covered in dark purple and small, ominous objects that pulse, only to be met with a large face with glowing eyes staring down at him. 

"Dark places, where powers older than time lie... ravenous... and waiting. Who are you in this vast multiverse, Mr. Strange?" 

Colours fly past him, or through him. 

His heart was racing, having never experienced anything like this before. 

Until his body came crashing back to reality, landing hard on the floor, kneeling in front of The Ancient One.

"Have you seen that before in a gift shop?" The Ancient One asks. 

Lesson over.

He looks at her, catching his breath after what he had just been put through. Hands now shaking more than you had previously noticed.

"Teach me!"

She studies him, and after a moment. 

"No."

And just like that, Strange found himself shut out of Kamar-Taj with his coat and backpack in hand.

Andddd that chapter is now officially finished hehe. Shorter but I had to split it up or it would have been superrrr long.

Writing has now become my new addiction, so new chapter this evening :)

Until next time <3