Chapter 45 - You Guys Ready?

- (Y/n)'s POV -

"Timor!"

I rose, bringing myself to eye level with the gigantic Hauntling in front of me. I let my eyes fall shut, trying to drown out Stephen's voice in the background. I could hear his pleading and screaming, his attempts at trying to get out and join me. But it was for his own good. At least, that's what I kept trying to tell myself.

"Little one."

Timor's voice boomed as they met my gaze.

"Scared of a little drawing?" I asked, now staring down at the large rune beneath me, before I shifted my focus to the new relic that adorned my hand.

"It is you who should be scared."

Timor said as they reached forward in an attempt to grab me. I watched as the giant hand made its way over the rune, the floor and the gem lighting up, and immediately, Timor's hand started to disintegrate. The Hauntling quickly retreated and I smirked.

"You guys ready?"

Yes, ma'am.

As ready as I'll ever be!

There was a pause.

"Strey?"

(Y/n)...

Oh, come on, Strey! It'll be fun!

We're so close to being free. I thought that's what you wanted.

I-

"Strey, It wasn't your fault. I know this power corrupts you guys. I wouldn't be up here ready to face this demon if I didn't trust you."

There was another pause.

Y-You trust us?

"Well, why wouldn't I. You guys may not have been here with me all this time. But you have. Unknowingly, you've saved my life multiple times. I have no reason not to trust you."

I felt my arms rise from my sides. My pulse grew loud. I felt my skin grow hot and tingle, and I knew, my powers had come alive. And Strey perfectly echoed my thoughts.

Let's do this.

I flew off, circling the large entity and letting the Hauntlings guide my attacks, sending magic, both enchanter and sorcerer spells, towards Timor.

We watched as the attacks landed, pushing Timor back or temporarily inhibiting them, but after a few seconds, Timor would recover and charge in again.

"Guy, I don't think it's working!" I yelled as I made my way through the air, dodging Timor and their attacks, seeing rocks and small spells travelling past me.

What happened to the game?

Yeah! Cat and mouse sounded fun...

"I can't, not while Timor is chasing me!"

I continued my way through the cave, flying in patterns to try and throw Timor off my trajectory.

Do you trust us?

"What? I just told you guys I did!"

No. Do you really trust us?

I quickly moved away from a wall as it collapsed upon impact from a boulder Timor had sent towards it. Or rather, towards me and missed.

"Yes!"

The Hauntlings stopped me.

Stephen-