Chapter 21 - They're Back

- (Y/n)'s POV -

You both moved back towards the Zealot's body. You had forgotten how he had 'died' before your trip to the hospital, not being able to recall any of the events that happened. You watched as Stephen crossed over to him, checking his pulse and sighing as he stood back up; the cloak hovering to the side.

"He's dead." he spoke, not relieved, but angry.

As he turned towards you, he dragged one end of the cloak, slinging it over his shoulders, and it happily followed before he placed a slightly shaky hand on your face. 

"I should have taken a small cloth for your cuts." He said, examining your face and the specks of blood that now decorated it. 

You shook your head, "I'll live." 

You returned with a small smile before you both made your way back to where you had left Kaecilius, or, where you thought you left him.

When you returned, he was gone. You both froze, shocked.

"(Y/n)! Strange!" You both turned to see Mordo rushing towards you, "You're okay!"

"A relative term, but yeah, we're ok." Stephen replied, smirking at you.

You noticed Mordo's eyes landing on the cloak now wrapped around Stephen's shoulders, and moved to stand next to him, "Brilliant, isn't it?"

"The Cloak of Levitation." He said in awe as you both stood in front of Strange, admiring him. Well, you were admiring him, Mordo was admiring the new relic. "It came to you." You crossed your arms and smiled at Strange.

"No minor feat." The voice had startled you but you turned to see The Ancient One approach, "It's a fickle thing."

"Fitting then." You added humorously.

"He's escaped." Strange spoke, his serious tone now evident.

"Kaecilius?" She replied.

"Yes."

"He can fold space and matter at will." You added

"He folds matter outside the mirror dimension? In the real world?" Her words were laced with worry as she looked to Stephen for confirmation.

"Yeah."

"How many more?"

"Two. I stranded one in the desert." 

So that's what happened.

"And the other?"

"His body is down the hall." You added, seeing Strange's eyes meet the floor. "Master Drumm-" you started, concerned now that you remembered his body in the foyer.

"He's been taken back to Kamar-Taj." She said, a hand now resting on your shoulder, reassuring. "The London Sanctum has fallen. Only New York and Hong Kong remain now to shield us from the Dark Dimension. You two defended the New York Sanctum from attack. With its Master gone, it needs another," She turned to you, "Perhaps, Master (Y/l/n)," then she turned to Stephen, "And Master Strange-"

"No." 

His voice was stern. 

"It is Dr. Strange. Not Master Strange, not Mr. Strange, Doctor Strange. When I became a doctor, I swore an oath to do no harm. And I have just killed a man! I'm not doing that again. I became a doctor to save lives, not take them." 

He avoided your gaze. 

You didn't know what to feel hearing those words come from his mouth. Ever since you had joined Kamar-Taj and the sorcerers, you knew you wanted to protect others from the fights they could not fight.