Chapter -3: Walking back home

" I can't believe "the diligent fresher" is making up an excuse to miss council's duty today!" Eunchae teased Haerin.

"She wants to see me after class Eunchae, please help me out once." Haerin requested her friend.

"Okay. Leave it to me. I'll say you have an emergency." Eunchae winked. Haerin only asked  for help very rarely and Eunchae is more than happy to help her.

"Are you talking with her here or is she walking home with you?" Hanni asked.

"I don't know yet." Replied Haerin.

"Shall we go first or do you want us to wait for you?" Hyein asked.

"Stay with me till she comes over." Haerin requested.
Her friends cooed at her finding her cute and nodded happily.

"Oh, I was so surprised when Danielle came and sat behind you in Hitler's class!" Hyein said to Haerin.

"It was so funny. She sat silently and went back to her seat just after the class." Hanni laughed.

"It was funnier when she bowed to Hyein." Eunchae said and the girls laughed.

"I turned back and was so surprised to see her there so i mouthed 'hi'.. why would she even bow to me!? It was so funny.. I wanted to tease her but couldn't because Hitler was already there." Hyein told her friends.

After sometime the girls saw Minji and Danielle approaching them.
"Minji don't you have basketball after class?" Eunchae asked.

Minji smirked, " I do but not anymore."

"Are you skipping practice? I'm telling mom.." Hyein threatened.

"Well, I asked mom for help actually. She called the coach telling him she needed me home." Minji smirked.

"She helped!!!??? She's so biased." Hyein complained.

"Excuse me! I won't let a Daffy duck insult my mum here." Minji glared at Hyein.

"You're despicable." Hyein replied exasperatedly and her friends laughed.

It's always fun to watch the sibling bickering,
"Wow i feel like I'm missing out!" Eunchae said and Haerin folded her hands together begging her. Eunchae laughed at her antics, she hadn't seen this side of the cat eyed girl and she found it cute.

"Okay bye guys I need to go to the council room now." The girls bid goodbye to Eunchae.

"Are we going home together?" Hanni asked in an unsure tone.

"Ah...Yeah?" Minji mimicked her tone and flashed her a toothy smile and Hanni "Ctrl C and Ctrl V" the same smile back to Minji, "copycat !"
"What!? You're the copycat " Minji replied and laughed at the memes worthy expression that Hanni made to her.

.

Minji, Hanni and Hyein walk ahead and Danielle and Haerin follow closely after them. Minji teases Hanni like she always does and she bickers with Hyein too. They ask Danielle questions here and there, and Hyein and Hanni give Haerin teasing smiles every now and then. When they reached the roundabout, the traffic circle, Minji announced
"So... This is where we part ways."

"Oh, where do you live Danielle?" Hyein asked.

"It's a little far from here like 20 -25 minutes drive." Danielle replied.

"Are you taking the bus or..?" It was Hanni.

"Her driver's already waiting." Minji replied for Danielle pointing to a black car in front of the McDonald's.
Haerin looked at Danielle after looking at the car. She has known Danielle since they were 5 and Danielle had met her parents and slept at her place once along with her grandparents, she met Danielle's grandparents at school's function too but never her parents. She told her about her family but never invited or took her to her place.