Chapter -22 Doyun, Ah-ro??

"Are you coming or not?" Hanni whined over the phone.

"I will be of no help, honey. You should asked Hyein or Haerin." Minji replied, her voice calm totally opposite to her heart rioting inside her chest.

"You just have to choose an outfit where I look the best in." Hanni said.

"You'll look good in anything." Minji replied honestly.

"Why are you so not available for me these days?" Hanni sounded angry but she was glad that they were talking over the phone and Minji couldn't see the blush on her face due to her compliment.

"It's not like that... Arghh you're a pain in the ass, you know that?" Minji exclaimed.

Hanni giggled, "be here in 5 minutes."

"Okay ma'am."

Minji was totally unhelpful. She lied down on Hanni's bed playing with her phone. She finds Hanni pretty in any dress she wore so Hanni end up choosing a dress herself.

"I can't believe she won't even pick you up at your door. What do you even see in that asshole." Minji complained as she was walking Hanni towards the roundabout where Yunjin would be waiting for her.

"Don't call her an asshole Minji, she's awesome, really. I don't want mom to see her so i asked her to wait for me there." Hanni defended Yunjin and Minji bit down on her lower lip to refrain the erupting anger inside her from escaping her mouth.

"Why don't you like her so much?" Hanni asked after a minute of silence.

"Because she don't like me." Minji shrugged her shoulders.

"Incredible! You're the pettiest person I know." Hanni huffed.

They saw Yunjin waiting and Hanni became giddy. She kept asking Minji if her hair is okay or if there's no problem with her dress and Minji would always reply they're good in an uninterested manner.

Minji stopped abruptly, looking at Yunjin who waved at them,
"Atleast, she's punctual. You go on from here, I'm going to wait for Dani in the McDonald's." Minji said.

"You have plans with Danielle?" Hanni inquired.

"Not exactly a plan." Minji have been avoiding Hanni's eyes for the whole day, and ofcourse Hanni easily noticed it. She was so happy to spend some time with the taller that she let it slide.

"Alright, go ahead, she's waiting." The way Minji said it made Hanni's heart clenched.

"Okay, I'll see you later." Hanni said, her voice was just above a whisper.

Minji close her eyes and nodded her head, a small smile on her lips,
"Have fun."

But Hanni's feet were struck to the ground though, she couldn't walk away from Minji, she wished her date was Minji instead. And as Yunjin started walking slowly towards them, she even got a bad idea of cancelling her date and spending her day with the taller girl instead. She wished Minji holds her hand tight and refused to let her go with the older girl or that the short tempered girl starts a fight with her older teammate and that their date was ruined.

They were looking at each other, Minji raised her eyebrows asking her with her eyes if there's anything wrong. Hanni shakes her head still staring back into Minji's eyes. Minji gives her an encouraging smile as if telling her she's okay. Hanni couldn't smile back though, she instead tiptoed and kissed Minji's cheek,
"I'm going."

Minji just nodded, she held her cheek where Hanni kissed and looked at Hanni's retreating figure and said to herself,
"You should not kiss me when you're going away on a date with someone else, Hanni. It only hurts more."