Chapter-12: Basketball with the girls

The day of the death anniversary, Hyein shared pictures of the place where Haerin and Danielle grew up in their messenger group. She even sent a picture of Danielle and Minji in black because they look so "hip" according to her.
She told them about how Danielle talked to no one. She also told them that every guest seemed to give Danielle a hug so she did the same and how Danielle gave her a small smile.

Danielle's eyes have always been pensive to Hyein but she looked distraught today like she was reliving the day her Grandmother passed away. Hyein cried just by seeing the way Danielle looked at the framed picture of her Grandmother. Minji introduced Hyein to Doyun, a very significant friend from Haerin's childhood and a best friend to both Danielle and Minji. Hyein texted every single detail to her friends that they felt like they were present there themselves.

Hanni and Minji had a video call only once during those 3 days in Busan and so Hanni didn't get to know who Vanessa was. The week passed quickly and everything that happened within the week, blurry.

-

Haerin and Danielle's relationship made no progress and there's a growing distance between them. Danielle, who usually doesn't hang out much, 3rd wheeled Minji and Hanni a lot and even hung out with Hyein too. One weekend, the girls came along with Minji and Danielle to play basketball at their usual court. It'll be the first time that Danielle and Haerin hang out since the dinner at Haerin's place. They played half court, 3v3. Minji, Hyein and Eunchae in a team and Danielle, Hanni and Haerin in one. Of course, Minji and Hanni are not in a team. Minji doesn't want anyone shorter than 5'5 in her team. Hah!

Minji tried to play by the rules but who follows her damn rules? Hanni bullied her in the court! She'll use anything in her capacity to snatch the ball or stop Minji from making any throw. In the middle of the game, Minji dribbled the ball and of course it was Hanni who defended her. Out of habit she tried the ankle breaker move and Hanni fell down the court. Fortunately with Minji's quick reflection she was able to catch hold of Hanni's head before it hit the cold court. BUT! Guess what, the cupid must be shooting its arrow! Minji's lip landed on Hanni's!! And they froze. They were staring at each other, wide eyed, their lips still attached to one another.

"I'm feeling lonely, oh, i wish I'd find a lover that could hold me🎶🎵" Hyein started singing and Minji and Hanni flew away from each other in lighting speed.

"You kissed me!" Hanni accusingly said to Minji.

"Thats an accident." Minji replied looking everywhere but not Hanni.

"Okay.. you guys kiss again to remove the awkwardness." Hyein said making everyone but Hanni and Minji laughed.
"Shut up." Hanni and Minji said at the same time making their friends laugh some more.

They continued playing like nothing happened. Minji laughed at Danielle's misdirection passes not working with the girls. And the girl learned that Danielle can actually make 3 pointers shot too. With Hanni giving up in defending Minji, Minji's team won the game as expected.

Minji taught the girls how to throw the basketball correctly. Danielle taught Hyein and Haerin tricks.Hanni hasn't made a basket and was unhappy about it. Minji coached her, "if you hit anywhere inside the small white square, you'll make a basket" and helped Hanni score some goals. Hanni was delighted and soon she wanted to dunk the basketball! Girlie made some baskets and forgot about her height.
"You're not that tall." Came the harsh reminder from Minji.
"Just when you're about to be on my good side.. huh!" Replied, a sulking Hanni.

As always they made reels and took hundreds of pictures. Minji is the unwilling cameraman every time. Hanni took part in everything and rolled her eyes or pouted every time she made eye contact with the cameraman. She would smile at her friends and then face Minji and frown so cutely. Endearing! Now, Minji would do anything to make the girl smile at her again. Minji dotted on her and convinced her to try a dunk sitting on her shoulder. When Hanni received enough attention from Minji, she agreed and Minji let her sit on her shoulder. They were still short for a dunk and they all ended up laughing together. Hanni finds it easier to make baskets from up there and the little dare devil wanted to go again and again exhausting Minji.