Chapter -7: Spring festival

" You guys freaking bagged the perfect score!!" Hanni shouted with incredulity.

"Wow! I can't believe this! You guys are amazing." Eunchae added.

"Congrats Dani, you beat Haerin." Hyein joked.

"Hey she didn't beat me. I got a perfect score too." Haerin protested.

"You guys are sick! Let's go and celebrate. It's my treat!" Minji screamed.

"You have money!? Then why the fuck did you make me pay for your gaming console yesterday!?" Hyein asked her sister.

"I was saving mine for this occasion. Hehe... Plus, I have your money if mine's not enough today." Minji smiled at Hyein. Hyein looked at her sister incredulously.

The girls were so happy for Danielle. They all wanted her here. They ate at a fancy restaurant and went for karaoke.  It's late when they decide to call it a day. They were coming back in Danielle's SUV.

"Swear on Haerin's name that you will join basketball." Minji started nagging Danielle for basketball again.

"It has to be in Haerin's name." Said the girls and laughed.

"I told you I'll join when they recruit. You don't trust me?" Danielle fired back.

"Alright. You keep your words." Minji glared at her.

-

Time flew by and the girls started their 2nd year of high school. Danielle joined the basketball club much to Minji's happiness. Hanni and Minji got much more closer over the months. Haerin and Danielle still talk before bed every night yet none speaks about their feelings.

One day, the girls were playing truth or dare inside their classroom. The 'truth questions' were designed to make Danielle jealous. They were frustrated that she hasn't made a move to Haerin. Minji and Danielle were always choosing dare and doing all the silly things. Minji had to borrow the glasses from the class prez while Dani has to call for the class's attention and talk about saving Earth for a minute standing at the teacher's podium.

"Who was your favourite player from the basketball club?" Hyein asked Haerin.

Haerin hesitated a little bit and replied, "Minji."

"Wow, WOW! Haerin-ah, I'm flattered but just a reminder, you haven't seen Danielle play in a serious game." Minji responded, looking at Danielle and then to Haerin.

Danielle gave no reaction. And the girls weren't pleased. Later when they got the chance, the girl asked Haerin,
"If Choi Woo bin confessed, will you accept him?"

Danielle didn't know this guy and hasn't heard about him, she looked over at Minji and Minji nodded at her 'she'll let her know him later '.

Haerin chuckled at the question, Hyein was looking at Eunchae and Hanni asking 'isn't it going too far?' with her eyes.

"I don't know." Came the reply. Haerin knew what her friends were doing just by listening to 2 questions directed at her and she played along. Deep down she wanted to know how will Danielle react too.
Danielle looked away, met eye contact with a classmate who sat opposite her and smiled at her.

The girls continued with their plan, they brought up names of girls and boys who confessed, admired or flirted to Haerin. The list was long. Danielle already expected that much so they remained cool headed. Although being calm, she couldn't make any eye contact with Haerin the whole time.

Later at Hitler's class, Haerin was having cold sweats. How could she forget her textbook. Of all the textbooks why forget this one! It'll be her first time getting punished. She was already embarrassed, she fumbled in her seat and dreaded for the line that Hitler would drop anytime soon.