Chapter -5: The sleepover

The girls went to Hyein's place quite early. They were talking, singing and dancing from the moment they got there. They made tiktok videos, took tons of pictures, trying to get some Instagram worthy pictures. But now they're exhausted so they decided to cook some ramyeon to snack on.

Hyein's parents got home while the girls were in the kitchen. They greet each other.

"Haven't seen you girls in forever. When was the last time you slept over here? Last summer?" Hyein's dad asked.

"Yeah, it was last summer." Answered the girls.

"Y'all should sleep over here more like before. Haven't you girls made friends with our Minji?" Hyein's mom asked.

"We've been friends since we all became classmates." Haerin answered.

"Hanni gets along pretty well with her." Eunchae added. Hanni smiled but pinched Eunchae.

"She likes to tease Hanni." Replied Hyein and her parents looked adoringly towards Hanni.

"She isn't causing you any trouble, is she?" Hyein's dad asked Hanni.

"No uncle, not at all." Hanni replied with a small smile. Hyein's mom smiled sweetly at her.

"Isn't she home yet? That rogue of a daughter!" Hyein's dad said showing displeasure.

"Honey~" Hyein's mom called softly, her face looked serene but her eyes warned her husband. It clearly shows that she didn't like her husband calling their daughter a rogue.

The girls offered them ramyeon but they declined saying they already ate before coming home and were excused into their room.

The girls ate while talking and laughing and they cleaned up after. Soon they started the preparation for dinner along with Hyein's mom. The doorbell rang,
"I'll get it." Hyein opened the door.

"Yah!! Why do you have to ring the doorbell?" Hyein shouted.

Minji just giggled, "To make you look useful in front of your friends. Weren't you just sitting around?" Hyein huffed but decided not to argue with Minji anymore.

"Eommaa, I'm home~" Minji said loudly  letting her mom know she was back. Hyein mimicked her sarcastically.

"Minji my baby, welcome home. What about Dani?" asked her mom. Haerin ears perked up hearing the mention of the wavy haired girl.

"She has got plans mom." Minji answered from the staircase.

"Why aren't you greeting your friends Kim Minji? Where are your manners?" The mom shouts a little to make sure her daughter hears her.

"Hi girls ~" Minji shouted mischievously then entered her room.

"Weren't you texting with Dani before? I believe Minji asked her over for dinner. Did she really have a plan?" Hyein asked Haerin.

They were sitting around the dining table while Hanni and Hyein's mom were cooking.

"I don't know. She didn't mention it, she just told me to enjoy... She hasn't texted after she went for basketball."

"She might not have reached home." Eunchae said.

Minji joined the girls in the kitchen, she greeted Haerin and Eunchae and went to join Hanni and her mom in the kitchen.

"Mini Pham, do you know how to cook?"

'Here she goes' Hanni thought and glared at Minji,
"Hi to you too!" Hanni replied making Minji laugh at that.

"Be nice, Minji" her mom said, warning her softly.

Minji smiled and asked her mom, "Can I help you?"