Chapter-19: First summer vacation together

"A week? Hmm.. Are your parents attending the conference?" Haerin's dad asked Danielle.
Danielle was asking Haerin's parents to let Haerin tag along with her in attending a business conference in Morocco.

"They'll attend the conference, yeah, but they won't be going to Rwanda." Danielle answered. Although she sounded calm and confident, she was getting nervous inside. Haerin holds her hand under the table and she was surprised that Haerin noticed her nervousness and smiled at her thanking her.

"So, if we let Haerin go, she'll meet your parents there. How will you introduce her to your parents? And what if they're critical towards her?" Haerin's mom asked, voicing out her concerns.

"I'll introduce her in whichever way Haerin wants me to and Ma'am if you are worried about her safety, I promised I won't even let anyone touch a single strand of her hair." Danielle tightens her grip on Haerin's hand.

"We have known you since you were a child, Danielle. We are least worried about her safety when she's with you. I'm just worried if someone tried to embarrass her intentionally given her social standing and family financial background." Haerin's mom said. She's known for being straightforward, no surprise.

"I respect Haerin, ma'am and I believe she'll easily earn their respects too but I'll also make sure that my family and the staff knows that she's someone important to me. And i expect them to treat her like I do. " Danielle declared, and the conviction in her voice makes Haerin blush.

"What do you think Haerin? Do you want to go?" Haerin's dad asked his daughter.

"If it's okay with you, I'll like to accompany her." Haerin answered looking at her dad and then to her mom.

"I'm going to miss you." Haerin's dad fake cried.

"What!? I thought you're very eager to throw her out of the house!" Haerin's mom told her husband.

"Woman, don't try to create a misunderstanding between me and my precious daughter here!" Haerin's dad tried to sound serious but failed.

"So, am i allowed to go?" Haerin interrupted.

"You can go wherever you want my love, just come back home safe." Her Dad replied. Haerin stood up and went around the table and hugged her dad and then her mom.

.
.
.

Danielle and Haerin travelled first class and had a very comfortable flight but they were exhausted, afterall it was a very long journey. They landed around midnight and checked in to their hotel, showered and hit the bed. They woke up very early the next morning but spent a good amount of time making out in bed.

Afterwards, Danielle introduces Haerin to her family on the brunch date that her mother arranged.

Haerin bowed 90° to show her respect to Danielle's parents.
"Hello Mr and Mrs Marsh, Good morning. I am Kang Haerin, Danielle's friend from school and her plus one today."

"What a lovely girl. Good to finally see you in person." Danielle's dad extended his hand with a broad smile on his face.
'Ahh i know where she gets her bright smile from' Haerin thought briefly looking at Danielle. She politely shook his hands and smiled back at him.
But she shuddered when she faced Danielle's mom who was staring deep into her soul and studying her with narrowed eyes and arms crossed over her chest. 'Not good ' she thought.

"I want her in the conference room along with you." Danielle's mom told Danielle in a very stern voice.

"But mom I haven't briefed her on anything." Danielle opposed getting panicked at the sudden purpose but yeah not showing any sign of panic in her mannerisms or whatsoever.