Chapter -20: Minji's losing Hanni

Summer break is over and the girls were back to school. The school was lively and everyone seems to be cheerful. The chatters filled the classrooms, cafeteria, hallways, bathrooms, everywhere. The girls were also chatting in class,

"Haerin ah show us the pictures from your vacation with Danielle." Hanni started.

"It wasn't a vacation exactly. She was kind of working and i just tagged along and we got to visit some places.." Haerin answered and fished out her phone from her pocket.

"And all these years you would never tag along us even when we literally beg you on our knees. What did Danielle do exactly, to persuade you? Hyein asked.

"She asked my parents.." Haerin answered with a little smile on her face.

"Come on show us the pictures. We know you have a lot more than you shared in the group. " Eunchae said.

"And we're going to see everything!" Hanni said devilishly laughing afterwards.

Haerin's phone was taken away by her friends. The girls look at the pictures swooning teasingly at her.. Haerin snatched her phone back when her friends were about to see pictures that she considered intimate. Well it made the girls tease her more even without seeing the photos.

Then Hanni and Eunchae showed pictures from their phone too. And Hyein showed her pictures at last.

"As usual, Minji is sticking to your mom like someone's going to take her away." Eunchae said and laughed.

Hyein smiled, "sometimes I i believe she really felt that way."

"The first time I saw her, I'd never imagined her to be the possessive type." Hanni said. Haerin nodded agreeing to Hanni.

"She acts like she doesn't give a damn about anything. But then she barged in our class and beat the shit out of the bullies... All because they were unlucky enough to ever try to bully Kim fucking Minji's sister." Eunchae said remembering how Minji introduced herself then. The girls laughed remembering it.

"She was scary that day but really cool." Haerin said smiling.

"Is that why you had a crush on her?" Hanni and Eunchae asked simultaneously and laughed at themselves.

"I told you, I never had a crush on her. She just reminded me of Danielle." Haerin defended herself using the same sentence as always.
"She might have a crush on you though." Haerin said to Hanni bewildering the shorter girl.

"No way! We never talked to each other then and she ignored us all when she came to see Hyein." Hanni rejected.

"She did ask your name to me." Hyein replied nonchalantly.

"She asked her name and none of ours!?" Haerin asked with a slight playfulness in her tone.

"Wait. When is this? How come you never told us?" Eunchae asked clearly interested in it.

"Yes" Hanni agreed with Eunchae.

"How did she asked about her?" Haerin asked.

"Back in middle school, when we first ran into each other.. in the canteen? She was like 'who's that shortest girl among you' and I was like 'who?'. And she said, that one with the cute smile! I asked why'd she want my cute friend's name, she just shrugged." Hyein narrated.

"She said Hanni has a cute smile!?" Eunchae asked and winked at Hanni.

"You didn't tell her Hanni's name!?" Haerin asked at the same time.

"Well not long after she'd asked, i traded her name for the shotgun seat." Hyein replied glancing timidly towards Hanni.

The memes worthy expression that Hanni has on her face made her friends laughed out loud. Hyein muttered an apology followed with 'shes going to find out anyway'.