Chapter -15: The picnic

"Haerin, Haerin.." Haerin woke up with Hyein shaking her shoulder, "wake up. And wake Dani up too. I think it's late.." Hyein stretches her long limbs and then goes away.

Haerin looks around and find only her and Danielle sleeping on the bed.
"Dani.." she moves the girl a little, "come on, let's get up."
She was about to get up but Danielle wraps her arm around, stopping her.

She taps on her arm, "everyone has woken up already, come on."
But Danielle climbed over her, nuzzling her head into the side of her neck. Danielle above her, felt different yet familiar. She rubs her back and kisses the side of her head, "come on, someone might enter anytime."

The girls had brunch and were on their way to the Olympic park in Danielle's car. Minji took shotgun and talked with Mr Jerry the whole way. Eunchae's sisters had called earlier informing them that they had reached.

Hanni, Hyein and Haerin were familiar with all of Eunchae's sisters so when they reached they introduced Danielle and Minji to Chaewon and Sakura unnie.

Hanni became all shy and giddy in front of her crush. Minji left her alone today because she usually teased and annoyed her to get her attention but she'll let her give undivided attention to her crush today. She won't feel jealous she promised herself.

Well, who is she kidding. Of course she's jealous that is why she was testing her Japanese skills with Sakura and Kazuha. They provided her distractions. Danielle was always around Haerin and the others were having fun and people will think that she was having fun too with the two Japanese girls laughing at her cute japanese accent.

When the karaoke session started, the unnies were making the girls laugh. They were funny without even trying. And Eunchae looked more lively around her sisters. And Yunjin has become a different person around the girls.

A small boy who sits around the corner came kicking his football and Minji took the chance to get away from the girls. She was playing passes with the boy and running across the field. Danielle seemed to finally notice her best friend and went to give her company. They talked and walked a little further away from where the girls are and sat on a bench.

"You don't look so good." Danielle started.

Minji laughed, " I am quite pretty!"

"You know what I mean." Danielle said.

"And I thought I was hiding it quite well." Minji chuckled softly.

"Why don't you give it a try? At least let her know.." Danielle said

"Why try when you know the result? I should have never gotten closer to her in the first place. I.. I thought having her just as a friend would do. I didn't expect I'd get this greedy." Minji let out, sounding hopeless.

"You don't know the result Minji.. It might hurt if she rejects, but it'll save you a lifetime of regrets and what could have beens." Danielle tried to convince.

"You don't know what I have done.. I guess she's too happy to confront me today but I'm worried I'm going to lose what we have right now.. I don't know what I was thinking.." Minji mumbled.
"What did you do?" Danielle asked concerned. But Minji just shook her head.
"I must be going crazy.. you know, now that I have known her better, I really wanted her to be a part of my life... But I'm afraid I have to give her up now.." Minji whispered the last sentence.

Danielle side-hugged her. "I don't know what have went wrong. But I just don't want... It's just hard to see you hurting.. you know. But I believe you'll do the right thing. Whatever you decide, I'll be here for you."

Minji nodded her head and smiled in appreciation.
"Enough concerns about me. What about you and Haerin?" Minji asked.

"Well, I don't know.. I just don't get her sometimes. She pushed me away but got angry when I distanced myself." Danielle replied softly after being silent for some minutes.