Chapter -8: Why won't she get jealous?

It was a rare day when all the girls got to walk home together after school. Hanni and Eunchae walked at the front tailing by Hyein and Haerin just behind them, and Minji and Danielle trailed a few steps behind them chatting to each other about a game. In front of a stationary shop, a boy approached Haerin and Danielle slowed down.

"It was that boy, Choi Woo bin." Minji told Danielle, "Haerin and him are neighbours. I didn't know he liked her though."

They saw Haerin smiling and chatting with him, she even offered gum to him.

Danielle raised her hand and her driver drove up to them. "I'm leaving. Tell them something comes up if they ask. I'll call you later."

"You are really leaving? Bro.." Minji asked, surprised by Dani's action. Danielle only nodded. She shook her head sighing..

The girls saw Danielle closing her door and the car drove passed them.

" Dani left?" Hyein asked.

"You saw it with your eyes." Minji answered.

"She didn't even bid us goodbye." Hyein protested.

"Did something happened?" Haerin asked Minji getting worried about her love.

"She said something came up." Minji said what she's been told to. "Yo neighbour boy! You play basketball, right? Wanna joined us in the weekend?" Minji asked the boy.

"I heard you guys play well. Sure." Woobin accepted. Minji grinned at him.

Hanni pulled Minji by the arms and whispered, "You are not fighting him, are you?"

Minji laughed, "What!? Noooo. I fight who I need to fight with and he's Danielle's headache not mine."

"But Danielle would be there too." Hanni continued.

"You think 'sweet and soft' Danielle would fight a boy?" Minji asked sarcastically.

"I've heard about her temper Minji." Hanni replied to her, voice latches with annoyance.

"She won't fight if it involves a boy Haerin might have feelings for. Afterall the poor girl told herself for 4 years that Haerin left because she gets involved in her private matters."

"What!?" Hanni felt incredulous. She felt sorry for both Danielle and Haerin and she felt like crying seeing Haerin trying not to show her sadness infront of them and force a smile and answering to Woobin every now and then. Hanni is still hugging Minji's arm and it seems like Minji could sense her emotions. Minji patted her head. She looked up at Minji and a loving pair of eyes stared back at hers. She felt something weird in her stomach that she never felt before, it felt foreign so she doesn't know how to deal with it. She looked away and released Minji's arm too. And linked arms with Eunchae again.

Minji smirked at how flustered Hanni got when she give her those eyes.

.

Danielle couldn't be reached so Minji was worried. Some building away from her, Haerin was also worried and couldn't even eat properly. Even if Danielle didn't reply or answer the calls, she never turned her phone off but today her phone's off.

At the dinning table, Minji's dad was at his phone typing aggressively and cursing at God knows who. Their mom asked the girls,

"Have you seen a video circulating on the internet about Danielle?"

"What!?"
"What video!?" Came the surprised answers.

Their mom showed them a video from her phone.

"I just saw it earlier! My friends were sharing them.. I didn't know it was Danielle." Hyein said.