Chapter-6 : Hyping Minji

Time passed on quickly, the winter cup has started but the girls didn't see Danielle on the bleacher like they expected. They only see her in class and sometimes they ran into her in the library. Danielle usually didn't text much but even the text with Haerin became lesser than before. She still called Haerin every night though.

It was the semi final match, Ador is playing against Seoul international, the reigning champion. Hyein had to convey a message from her parents to Minji so she came to the court earlier than her friends. She was sitting at their usual spot when her friends joined her.

"It's the semi finals, won't Danielle come to support Minji?" Hanni asked both Hyein and Haerin.

"Minji said she's coming." Replied Hyein.

"She'll come a little late." Haerin replied at the same time.

"What's the deal with her? I thought she loves basketball but she never showed up." Hanni continued.

"I heard from Minji that the deal is, she needs to top the class so she could  continue staying here." The girls gasped at that.

"What the! Why would she need to do that?" Hanni asked surprised.

"What, why??" Haerin asked at the same time.

"What the! You don't know about it? Eunchae asked Haerin. "

"No..I didn't know that she needed to, she kind of said it in a jolly manner."

"But Haerin is she good at studies?" Eunchae asked her again.

Haerin smiled, "The classroom sections back then, were divided according to our grades, I was in section A, she in section C when I first met her. She followed me everywhere and even threw tantrums everyday to sit with me. I remember how her homeroom teacher explained to her about marks and exams and from the following year she caught up and we were always in the same class ever since." Haerin seems so proud of Danielle.

"Wow!! She's something else." Hanni said her eyes widened.

"She has to beat you to become the topper here? Eunchae pointed out.

Haerin chuckled, "That's something she has to work hard on. I won't make it easy."

"Yahh! Cut her some slacks! Don't you want her here?" Hyein protested.

"I already believe in Danielle after hearing about the elementary school. She can do it." Eunchae said, closing her eyes and nodding her head to emphasize her newly found belief in Danielle.

"Yes, she will beat your ass fair and square. You said the same thing to Dani too, right? You heartless woman." Hanni said to Haerin.

"Shouldn't you guys be on my side!? Dani called me a heartless woman too!" Haerin said laughing.

.
.
.

The match started with a sulking Minji. And it was a heated game from the start. Ador was leading but 7 minutes into the game, Minji gave away a free throw and the coach subbed her out. She didn't start in the 2nd quarter and Danielle arrived when the 2nd quarter was almost over. She sits next to Haerin. Hyein was sitting next to Haerin, next to her was Hanni and then Eunchae.

"Why is Minji on the bench when the opponent leads them with this big of a gap? Dani asked.

"She fouled and got subbed out in the 7' minute." Haerin replied to her.

Hanni and Eunchae were cheering loudly for Yunjin when she made a basket. Dani kept looking at the back of her best friend who sat crunching down on the bench.

"Why does she look like she isn't present here? Hyein what happened to her?" She asked Hyein, slightly bending over to see the girl.

"She had one of her episodes with Yunjin unnie before the game." The girls were surprised to hear this.