Chapter -14: Sleepover _02

Minji sat near the edge of the bed with her back leaning  on the wall, Danielle sat in the same position but near the corner. Hyein was flopping down next to Danielle and next to Hyein, Haerin sits slightly leaning to Eunchae. Hanni comes back and sits between Danielle and Minji.

Hanni laughs a little, "I'm getting nervous."

"No way! It's only us. Come on." Hyein said.

Hanni took a deep breath,
"I'll start," she said smiling and glanced at Minji almost out of habit. She doesn't know when it started but she looks at Minji whenever she gets nervous. Minji gave her an encouraging smile.

Hanni strummed her ukulele,

"I have a question
It might seem strange
How are your lungs?
Are they in pain?
'Cause mine are aching
Think I know why
I kinda like it though
You wanna try?
Oh, would you be so kind
As to fall in love with me?
You see, I'm trying
I know you know that I like you
But that's not enough
So if you will
Please fall in love
I think it's only fair
There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere (wanna share?)
'Cause I like you but that's not enough
So if you will
Please fall in love with me..."

By now Minji isn't even listening. She just could not. It's not that she doesn't like to listen, she loves Hanni's angelic voice but she was asking someone else to fall in love with her. And that's tearing Minji apart piece by piece.

Minji have accepted that she couldn't be more than friends with Hanni as Hanni already has someone she likes. She told herself that she'll give up her feelings and gladly be her friend because she wanted Hanni in her life. She wanted Hanni around and she wants to be around her too. If she can have her only as a friend, she'll take it. But right now, she wanted to run far away from here. It felt like her heart has been crushed and stepped upon again and again. She felt suffocated.

The loud applause brought her senses back. Hanni looked at her expectantly.
"If Yunjin doesn't fall for you after hearing that, I'll kick her ass." Minji said. Hanni slapped on her knees laughing a little.

"I really like her Minji...so please don't fight with her." They stared at each other for 5 seconds before Hanni turned away smiling shyly.

"Is there anything you can't do Hanni?" Danielle said complimenting Hanni.

"I can't play basketball." Hanni replied smiling.

"Make her practice for a year and she'll become the next Stephen Curry!" Minji said making Hanni laugh again,
"Kim Minji! Stop being sarcastic!"

Hyein seems to noticed Minji's sadness even when she's making jokes and smiling. She had a hunch of Minji's attractiveness towards Hanni from the first time they were introduced to each other. But she wasn't very sure because Minji flirted with other girls and have even brought home some when their parents are away. Right now Minji seems broken and it makes her feel bad. She wished she could be of any help.

"Well Minji and Dani can actually sing too." Hyein announced.

"Shut up!" Came from both Dani and Minji.

"Really? Sing us a song." Eunchae said.

"We don't sing." Danielle replied fast.

" What do you mean 'we don't sing'? Just a few weeks ago you guys are holding a concert here, remember? The heartbreak concert" Hyein  continued quoting her fingers in the air.

"Hyein, if you keep quiet I'll let you keep the jeans you stole from me." Minji tried to bribe her sister.

"I'll buy you your favourite cheese cake, Hyein." Danielle tried too.